Chapter 23: The ball (henry's bday)

Above pic is what penelope's wearing 

Quote: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. -Dr. Seuss

------- -------- ------- - --

"We are here!" the coachman shouted as the carriage stopped.

Location: Eroka (they teleported there)

The king's palace

Third person pov:

*breathes out* 'It's fine Penelope. Everything will be great. Yep. I can do this.' Penelope thought as she tried to calm herself down. She was nervous and scared. She was also excited to meet Yvonne, she can't wait to tell her about Diana and give the dress she bought. Yvonne would look so pretty.

And she has no idea how to face the Eckarts.

"You do know, you taking deep breaths is not helping us calm down at all, right?" Inner spoke.

"Shush inner." Penelope Muttered.

"Did you say something sis?" asked Augstine, as he looked at his sister.

"Nope." Penelope answered in 0.1 seconds. She received 'are-you-sure?' look from Austin.

"Remember, chin up, back straight and a poker face. Do that and no one will disturb you for the rest of the ball."Austin said.

"That's very terrible advice." Augustine said as he told Penelope to just be herself.

"Mean. Your mother gave that to me." Austin whined a bit.

"SHIT! Did anyone prepare a gift?!" Austin whispered as the realization hit him.

"That was your responsibility." Augustine said as he told the guard to announce their presence.

"THE WHITLOCK FAMILY NOW ENTERS!" the guards announced.

The trio walked in the ballroom. One nervous, one is just chilling and the other one worried.

Hearing the word 'whitlock' the nobles swiveled their heads towards the door. To find the one they never expected to see.

"What the hell? Is that the mad dog?"

"What's happening? How did that rude bitch get on good terms with the whitlocks?"

"Is she related to them or what?"

"They do look alike."

There were many nobles gossiping about penelope. Some were disgusted, some were confused and some were angry. But there were a few who had their eyes widened like an owl. They never expected to see Penelope like this.

'What- She really came?' - Reynold

'I thought the trash-she wouldn't dare show up' - Derdick

'Penelope-She looks beautiful like always.' - Duke Eckart with tears in his eyes.

'Sister!' - Yvonne Happily.

'DIRA! FInally I am not lonely anymoreeee....' - Diana.

'SHIT! I should've worn my damn mask....' - Charlos as he turned and faced the wall.

"Why are you facing the wall?" asked Kris in a low voice.

"Cause I can and I will. GO get my damn mask." Charlos whispered back.

Penelope was looking around to find Yvonne. Austin went ahead to go and meet the king. While the nobles occupied Augstine, with questions.

"OH my, Hello there Lady Eckart." An annoying voice said.