Chapter 3: The long ass Breakfast

Quote: 'When people feel threatened by you, they start belittling you.' - Bruno Tonioli

---------- ------------- ------- ---- -- -

Next morning:

Third person pov:

Sleep, ha....penelope hadn't got any since she got the 'order' from the duke to attend today's breakfast. Nervous, anxious, conflicted, wary, and anger, these were the right words to describe the mixed feeling she got when she heard about this.

'Damn it, no. Why does he want to see me? Tsk' she thought as she paced to the front and back of the room.

"Lady, this is Emily, open the door. I am here to get you ready for breakfast." said the maid.

'What should i do?' thought penelope.

'Just tell her you will get ready yourself, she won't care.' replied the inner voice.

*Click* Penelope opened the door.

"No need, I will get myself ready." said Penelope, as she snatched the water from her hands.

"Lady, do not lock the door next time, we do not have any key for the room and my duty is to get you ready, and I cannot neglect that." the maid replied as she stared at Penelope right in the eyes.

"Oho, duty, huh? Look, I don't give a damn about your duty. Now get out of here, if you do not want to get fired for mistreating your master, I have all the evidence of you all abusing me, so do not think I will not tell the duke." spoke Penelope with a cold voice. 

"Y-yes

"Y-yes. Then" bowed Emily as she left.

*clicked*

"Haa, so there's no key to this room huh? Lucky me" muttered Penelope, as she made her way to the bed.

It took Penelope 20 minutes to get ready. 

(Outfit above) 

She then made her way to the bed.

"Hey." Penelope shook the sleeping man lightly.

"Hmmm...." answered the man, opening his eyes lightly.

"Here have some fruit, and water." said Penelope as she brought the food and water to the man's face.

The man just simply stared at her and then back at the food.

"Do I need to feed you too?" asked Penelope.

The man simply shook his head.