Chapter 38: Everything will soon come to an end.

Quote: 'You're off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.'

Dr. Seuss

Author/Poet

------------ ----------- ---------

Eroka:

Charlos's Mansion: Nighttime:

Third person pov:

"Thanks for today." Diana said as she and Augustine entered the mansion.

"You're welcome, I guess. I take that the emperor of Obelia took a liking to you?" asked Augustine as he asked an obvious point.

"I guess. Honestly, I do not know. I have only ever met him once, then too when I danced in Sodiana. And then never saw him again, until I heard about the proposal that the bastard had made. Though I was quite relieved when I got informed that the proposal was declined. When I saw him today, he was pretty but-" Diana said as she closed her eyes as she took a moment to sort her thoughts out.

"But?" Augustine asked casually, as he waited patiently for her answer.

"Hm. Something in his eyes took me off guard. They held possessiveness. It was as if he wanted to lock me up in a cage and cut off my wings. Like a trapped helpless bird." Diana said as she explained herself. It felt light now as she had talked with someone, it seemed as if her burden had been lifted.

"Oh wow, so by making me pretend that we were lovers, you indirectly declined the proposal that the emperor, indirectly, made. So you lost the opportunity to become an empress. How sad. Tsk. Tsk." Augustine said in a monotone. He was making the best of the situation to annoy Diana.

"I fucken swear!!! You fucken bastard, I will kill you!" Diana said as nerves pooped out on her forehead. Diana proceeded to punch Augustine, but he caught her hand.

"Now, now. If people saw us fighting and the word got to the emperor, he would arrange your marriage with Emperor claude." Augustine said with a smirk.

"You think this is funny, huh?" Diana questioned as she kicked Augustine in his balls.

"Oof! Ouch ouch princess, please spare this lowly creature, who is soon going to be your fiance!!!" Augustine pleaded, smirking, as he ran around the mansion with an angry and annoyed Diana shooting arrows at him.

The next morning:

Third person pov:

Whitlock mansion:

Arrival of Lucas:

"I am back!" Lucas yelled as he entered the mansion. He hadn't informed anyone as he planned on staying longer but couldn't due to reasons. He even tried to convince Adriana to come back with him but she said she had business to handle there, with her family.

"Brother!!!!" Penelope yelled from up the first floor. She was the only one at home right now, Austin had to make a visit to the palace and Augustine was in Eroka. Our penelope was alone at breakfast, she didn't mind and let the maids and knights join her.

"WAAAH!" Lucas yelped as he noticed his cat instinct go off. "Bunny, why is there...WHY IS THERE A CAT IN THE MANSION?" Lucas yelled as he ran off and hid behind the pillar.

"Hmm?" Penelope, who was holding Tora while walking down the stairs, paused as she tilted her head confused. She then glanced at Tora who seemed too lazy to care about anything and went back to sleep.

"Is my brother scared of cats?" Penelope asked as she deliberately went near Lucas who was trembling like an ant.

"No it's just...i-I that thing...it's cursed! Ya, cats are cursed!" Lucas said as he made up an excuse.