Chapter 4: A Father's Regret

Quote:  'But then you've always made me feel miserable, like an insect no better than a slave.'— Penelope Eckhart to Reynold Eckhart

Dining room

Third person pov:

"Yvonne, Reynold. You both are dismissed. You too Derrick." ordered the duke.

"But, But Father! Sister she-she-"

"I will deal with it so go now," said the Duke with a soft expression as he looked at Yvonne.

After everyone left.

"Butler!" yelled the duke.

"Yes, sire." said Pennel with a bow.

"Call the Head chef. Right now!" the Duke said with an icy cold voice.

"Yes," Pennel bowed the last time before going to retrieve the Head chef.

"Your-Your Grace, I beg for Forgiveness, I was only following the Head chef's order." pleaded the maid as she kneeled in front of the Duke. She was a crying mess.

"Who is your master here? The eckarts or that servant?" asked the Duke.

"T-the eckarts--si-sire." the maid replied. She knows she can't get out of this situation and it's all that bitch's fault.

(A/N: How dare you!!! YOu Piece of trash!!!)

"Your Grace, I bought the head chef." said Pennel, of course after he knocked.

"Enter," the duke said, and they entered.

"Now, head Chef, state the name of your masters." asked the Duke. 

"Huh? Ah, it's of course you,the young masters and the young mistresses sire

"Huh? Ah, it's of course you,the young masters and the young mistresses sire." replied the chef.

"Hmm, what's Penelope's and Yvonne Favorite food?" asked the Duke.

"Lady yvonne, is fond of spicy and sour foods." replied the Chef. As was Penelope it was Silence. The chef couldn't speak a word. She didn't know that lowly thing's favorite food. Why did she even have to know?

"I want to know Penelope's Favorite food. I would like to invite her for tea." He said.

"Ahhh, I..don't....know..." muttered the Chef, it was loud enough for everyone to hear,as the room was filled with silence. No servant dared to move or else they would be exposed.

"I understand, then what type of food do you serve her?" asked the Duke as he rested his chin on his hand.

"That- That- uhhhh, Spicy Chicken?" the Chef said. And she sure as hell sounded unsure.

"Hmmm, as long as I know my daughter, she isn't fond of spicy things. I suggest you tell me the truth now. If you do not want to get punished severely." said the duke. His eyes cold as hell and his voice was one spoken of by a King. Everyone in the room knew, the duke doesn't like getting his reputation ruined but is protective of his children.