Chapter 33: Drunk?

Quote: "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller

------------- ---------------- --------

Diana's room:

Third person pov:

*knock* *knock* "Who is it?" Diana yelled as her personal maid opened the door.

"Your-Your highness!" The maid bowed as she saw charlos standing. He gestured for the maid to leave, following his instruction the maid left Diana's room.

"Charlos?" Diana called as she peeked from her room.

"There is something I have to discuss with you." Charlos said with a serious voice. Outside he looked confident but inside he just wanted to not tell Diana about this at all and just run away.

"Just come in, first." Diana said as she gestured for Charlos to come in.

"I am going to the war site tonight."

*Crash* The cup Diana was holding fell as her head swayed in Charlos's direction.

"You are kidding." she muttered.

"Nope. I got notified this morning." Charlos answered, casually.

"*sigh* that son of a bitch. *clang*" Diana muttered, as she got her bow.

"Diana no. please." Charlos said as she snatched Diana's weapon.
"What do you mean, no? Huh? He ordered you at the last minute. The warrior is supposed to be notified 2 days prior before leaving for the war site. Tell me, why do you accept it? Why? You even go to those stupid dinners every two weeks. Why? Do you go there in hopes he will accept you? Huh Charlos? Tell me why? Why the hell would you accept the order? You know damn well, he can't even touch you. That son of a bitch is too weak for that." Daian said with a serious face and cold voice.

Well, it might sound common for Charlos to go to war. But the timing is not right, right now there are monsters everywhere. The monsters, for some reason, were going crazy. There were so many of them and there was no idea when and what could happen.

And if I described this situation in one word, it would be. "Dangerous." it's dangerous for him to go there.

"No, I do not go to dinners in hopes to get his affection. I have long hated him, so long that now I just do not care anymore. I do not care if he dies or gets ill or anything. I go there to keep an eye on the queen. You never know what she is going through her mind. And I am scared of her hurting you. Before I simply went because of nana (granny), she dragged me along to get more knowledge of politics as the emperor would often discuss it with her or the crown prince. And I accepted the order to get an upper hand in the kingdom, and once I have that, that bastard can never force me to do anything or force you to marry anyone." Charlos explained himself calmly.

'Also for the money. Money will buy us happiness.' -Charlos.

The silence took over them as no one had any idea on what to say. They just stared. Blankly. Nothing.

"Wha-What? Why are you crying?" Charlos said surprised as tears fell from diana's gorgeous's red eyes.

"Waahhh....I am sorry hic waahhhhh. You...Hic...Have...waahh..have to come back...wahhh." Diana managed to say this between her sobs.

Charlos, who was confused by this, just pulled Diana into a hug and patted her back.

"Yes, yes. I will be back. I promise to write to you often too. I am not going to leave you alone.