Chapter 21: Swords, The Talk and sweets

Quote: Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

-------- ------ ------ -

"You are here?" asked Lucas as Penelope hummed.

"Alright! Let's go. Wait no, did you ask permission from father?" questioned Lucas as Penelope shakes her head and makes a puppy face which said, 'do-i-have-to?'

"Of course you have to. Bunny, I love you. But I don't want to lose my life." Lucas pleaded.

"But-But, what if he said no?" asked Penelope in a low voice.

"I mean, he will say no. Especially Augstine, that dude will kill me if he finds out what I am teaching you right now." Lucas spoke.

"Soooo, you can teach me secretly." Penelope said.

"Nope. No. uh uh, I don't wanna die. I don't even have a fiance." Lucas said as he shaked his head.

"You are asking for permission right now." Lucas said as he dragged a sad looking Penelope.

In the office

"No." Aug said.

"But brother..." Penelope gave him her puppy eyes.

"No, that-that isn't gonna work on me. No." Aug shaked his head as he spoke.

"I think it's a good idea." Austin spoke up after who knows how long.

"Ha, are you possessed?" questioned Lucas. Everyone looked at him and then ignored him.

"So I can learn it?" asked Penelope carefully.

"Yes."

"No."

Austin and Aug both answered at the same time.

"Alright buddies, who are we supposed to listen to?" question Lucas as Penelope nodded Slightly.

"Of course, me. wHat kind of dumb question is that?" Austin said.

"Brother? Please. It's for self defense only. So I can defend myself if someone Like Prince Callisto attacks." Penelope said. She looked like a kid trying to convince her parents to let her go outside and play in winter.

"WHat the hell did that stupid prince did to you??" Lucas exclaimed. Now, everyone's eyes on Penelope.

'Oops, that slipped. Uhh..he threatened me with his swords multiple times cause he thought I was bullying Yvonne(?). No, no. I shouldn't say that.' Penelope thought.

"Oh, nothing. I just heard that he is mad and always kills people wherever he goes(?)" Penelope answered carefully.

"You know what on second thought, I will allow it. But! Your health comes first and you will also start learning how to control mana. I will teach you that." Augustine said as he nodded. At his point he looked like he was talking to himself.

Hearing the word mana, Penelope's eyes sparkled. Dradevows and Obelia, the two empires had magicians protecting the kingdoms. Obelia hasn't heard from their magician for centuries, it's like he suddenly disappeared. And dradevows, well they have one. But he rarely shows himself.

And Penelope was always interested in mana and how wonderful it is.

"This duke feels left out." Austin jokingly whined.
"Uhhh..We can have tea everyday together!" Penelope suggested, she didn't want her father to feel left out.

"I was kidding, but I don't mind. Every evening it is then!" Exclaimed Austin. Not giving Penelope any chance to speak.

"ALright Alright, Let's go Nelly. I have class after. Let's start with the basics today." Lucas said as he and Penelope walked out.