Chapter 32: unknown feelings

Quote: 'suggest me a quote that made you happy.' 

----------- -------------- ----------- ------

Third person pov:

After defeating the assassins:

"Princess are you alright?" Charlos asked. Penelope nodded as she smiled a little.

"Wow, yall really be romantic right after an attack huh?" the kid answered, as he interrupted and pulled them back to reality.

"I thought you wished to end me? What happened kiddo, scared?" Charlos questioned with a smug smile.

"Well, uncle~ for starters, I am thirteen and my name's nick. And second, since i failed to kill you-"

"More like you didn't have the skills." Charlos commented as he interrupted nick.

"So, that old hag will not leave me alive, so I thought I might as well just dedicate my life to serving the princess." Nick continued with a smile, as he boldly ignored charlos.

"Pfft-haha, I am sorry. What? Me? Why? Hahaha...sorry I just need to, it's funny how you ignored him. Ahem! Anyway, I do not accept it. You have your own life to live kiddo-I mean nick." Penelope answered with a straight face, her inner self was laughing so bad.

"My image got ruined." Charlos muttered to himself as he chuckled to himself.

"So, the princess does not care about this poor one's life??? She would rather have me dead than let me accompany her?" Nick said as he made a pitiful face, tears formed in his hazel eyes.

"No i-"

"It's fine princess. He won't die. Afterall I have decided to take him under my custody. You don't have to worry about anything. And I am sure Young master Augstine would not like this kiddo accompanying you." Charlos said as he pulled Nick towards himself and leaned his hand on his shoulder.

"I don't agree-"

"Princess it is late. Let me escort you to your room." Charlos said with a small smile. "Go and check on the servants and knights." Charlos muttered to Nick before taking Penelope's hand and escorting her.

"Do you trust him easily?" Penelope questioned as she glanced at the man escorting her. "No, but if he dares attack anyone or leave this mansion then he shall die." Charlos said smirking-I meant smiling softly.

"You knew magic and still let the kid handle the attackers. By the way, who is the person targeting you?" Penelope questioned curiously. 'Oops, it slipped.' -penelope thought as she remembered some bad memories.

"You talk too much."

"Why are you so curious about stuff."

"Shut it, trash. You are annoying."

"Well he had to pay for attacking me and what if the princess guessed the person who tried to attack me? I will give you a few hints. Old, annoying, thinks higher than me...hmm? Princess?"

Charlos called as he noticed something off about Penelope.

Penelope's pov:

Did I talk too much? Agio me and my mouth!

"-Princess?-" Carlos's voice pulled me out of my mind.

"Hmm?" I replied in wonder.

"What might you be thinking?" Charlos questioned. And on instinct I blurted:

"Am I annoying?"

Third person pov:

"No. The princess isn't annoying. You know princess, it's alright to be curious. When I was a kid I used to bother granny all the time. She would never get annoyed." Charlos said as his red eyes met big emerald eyes.