Chapter 27: the rescue

Quote: 'Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.' - Helen Keller.

-------- ---------- ------ --

Previous Chapter: 

*Slam* The door slammed open, I quickly hid the needle in my pocket.

"Kiddo, now I want you to pretend to sleep." I said as I put him away from me as I too closed my eyes.

"Hoho, would you look at this? We caught a big one today. We will be rich soon haha." a old man said. 'Damn it.'

------- ------ - --

With Penelope:

"Huff, where?" Penelope said as she looked around. Nothing, the alley was empty.

"There is a slave house near here somewhere...I think." Reynold said. "AND YOU tell us that right FUCKING NOW?" Dianayelled.

"Brother, where is it?" asked Yvonne as she held onto Reynolds' sleeve.

"Right somewhere here..." Reynold said as he scratched his head. 'He isn't sure.' Diana's face palmed.

"Reynold, go inform the guards, leave your sword here. Diana go find a bow for yourself and meet me there and...Yvonne..go find a metal stick from the dumpster. Get the hardest one. We are beating the shit outta them." Penelope said as she sntched Reynold's sword and entered the building from the back.

"Haha, I am on that shit." Diana said as she ran out to the market to buy a bow.

"I will go get it." Yvonne said with a motivated face and ran towards the next alley. (the dumpster is there)

"Should I be the one fighting?" Reynold questioned himself. "Reynold if you want me to spend an hour with you on Tuesday then move it." Penelope said as she peeked out of the door.

"Yes mam." Reynold said and left quickly.

"Good one. We will leave on Monday anyway. Hahaha root in hell you piece of shit." inner commented, she was brutally ignored by Penelope.

"Please be safe." Penelope muttered.

With Adriana:

"Hoho, would you look at this? We caught a big one today. We will be rich soon haha." a old man said. 'Damn it.'

"Sir, we should start now." another voice said.

"Let's go." and withthat they both left, they were dumb enough to notice the cutted rope on the floor.

"Kiddo, you awake?" Adriana said softly as she scooped up the 4 year old.

The kid rested his head on her shoulders as he nodded.

"Alright. Let's find a way out." Adriana said as she reached out for her hairpin.

"Now I am not sure how to do this but it's worth a try." she said as she put the pin inside the foot lock that was tied on the kids leg and tried to get it off. 'urgh, this is complicated.' she thought.

*click* After several tries she finally got it.

"Yes!" She cheered and high-fived the kid.

"Nww you." the kid said as he pointed her.

"Yes, now me." Adriana said as she did the same with her lock.*click* This took her two min. 'I am getting used to it.'

"Nww dooorr?" the kid questioned. As Adriana patted his head.

"Yes." she answered and messed with the door's lock.

"Click" the prison door opened. "Let's go quickly." Aidrana said as she started running.