Side chapter: I am a princess

Quote: If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -Eleanor Roosevelt.

--------- ---------- ----- ----- --- -

Sodiana, Tavern.

Third person pov: 

"Come on, sis. You can't hide forever~~" Charlos said as he knocked on the door continuously.

The door opened again, "can you give me goddamn five minutes to process." said Daina and slammed the door again.

"*chuckles* Just like her."

Sodiana, Tavern.

Third person pov:

*click* "Please come in." Diana said with a smile.

"Thank you." The granny thanked and went into the apartment.

"It's lovely." Charlos said as he smiled like an idiot.

"So...want something to eat?" asked Diana. Well, what else is she supposed to say? Greetings Queen mother? Prince?

"No need, let's sit." granny said as she sat down.

'She is too informal for a royal. I like it. Makes it less awkward.' Diana smiled as she thought.

"So...I think you know why we are here." Granny started.

"Mhm, I have an idea." Diana nodded as she sipped her favorite lippe tea.

"I see, how have you been doing?" asked Granny as she looked gently at Diana and smiled.

"Life's great!" Diana exclaimed.

"That's great! Oh that rhyme." Charlos exclaimed, Diana chuckled at charlos's statement.

"You look just like your mother." Granny spoke, as Diana forze.

"Are-Are you going to take me back?" asked Diana very carefully.

"NO."

"Nope."

Both of them sternly answered at the same time.

"Huh?" Diana tilted her head in confusion. WHy would they not take her back?

"Haaa, Explain it Carlos." Granny said.

"Huh?" Carlos questioned too. WHy him?

"She is your twin, if you explain she will...aish, just do it." Granny said as she slapped Carlos back.

"Tsk, you are just lazy. SO sis, well you see, uh I am not really a Prince. That title was taken away from me when I was 10. And I don't care about it, I don't even know why I told you that. Anyway, the Palace is a very dangerous place. And only me and granny know about you." Carlos explained.

"I don't get it. It's confusing." concluded Diana after she seriously thought for a few minutes.

"You suck at this. Alright, I will just have to explain from the start now." Granny said as she signed. Carlos really sucked at explaining. But then again she gets it. That kid had no one to complain or to express his feelings and problems to.

"Just your part." Carlos muttered to Granny as she hummed and continued. His translation was: Just the main story, don't mention my name or my childhood.

"When you and Carlos were born, things were pretty bad in the Kingdom. Your father was away in war. Your older brother was only 5 and had to deal with the consorts and their insults and I was busy with noble affairs. Your mother took your father's spot after he left. She was pregnant with you both at that time. Things were chaotic. But it didn't last long, everything started to calm down. As some months passed your mother started becoming more weak. SO I took her place and she rested and spent time with your older brother. She died in labor. And everything fell apart. I was informed you passed away with her, I held your lifeless body. I had a funeral for you in secret." Granny stopped, as she took a deep breath and then continued again.