Chapter 12: Finding

Quote: "You always pass failure on the way to success."- Mickey Rooney Actor

-------- ----------- ----------- ------- -

A few things before we start: Penelope is 18 when she runs away. She is going by the name dira after she runs away. That's all. 

------- ---

Third person pov: 

"Sister DIRA!" the kids yelled excitedly. Six months, it's been six months Since Penelope left the hell hole.

"Oh, Liam and the guys. How are you all today?" asked Dira (aka penelope) as she bent down to the kids height.

"Sister, are you going to come and tell us stories today or are you busy with work?" asked Liam as he took the candy Dira gave.

"Yep, i will come to tell a story today and today's story is going to be special." dira answered as she pinched Cain's (the other kid) nose.

"Yay!" The kids cheered happily.

Dira watched the kids go back to playing happily.

Dira's pov:

It's been six months, but it feels like years. I got my dream to come true. I am now officially a merchant though not known by many but i still am happy. I work beside gramps Noah and brother Darius. They have been really nice to me and though we are traveling merchants, I haven't traveled much.

Mostly it's brother Darius who travels for business. Grandpa is getting old and can't take long distances, while Liam is attending school here.
Me?

I spend my time working and spending time with Liam and Grandpa. They are really nice. I am glad I met them.

In short, life is peaceful. I have quite a few friends here in Soidanna, a small town between Dradevows and Obelia.

"Dira!" a sweet voice called me. I knew exactly who this was.

"Diana!" I called back. I met Diana 2 months ago. She is a dancer and mind I say she is gorgeous. We have one thing in common, we both have incredibly weak bodies.

"Dira, did you hear? The knights are looking for a pretty lady called Penelope Eckart. They said she has beautiful Magenta hair and turquoise eyes." Diana exclaimed.

'W-what?' I thought. No way. It's a good thing I never removed my disguise. Dammit! I swear, why do they have to do this? I am gone so why? Shouldn't they be happy? They never wanted me in the first place. So-WHy the hell are you putting so much effort in finding me? Stupid Eckarts!

"Oh my, is that so?" I said as she locked her arms with mine.

"Ahh, I hope they never find her. After all she ran away, she must have a good reason." Daina said as I hummed. It strangely made me relieved and happy.

"Ahh, I have to perform in the palace next week! I am so nervous! I don't wanna go!" Dinan whined, making me smile a bit.

"You will do just fine! Also remember to take the medicine. Otherwise you will faint." I said

"Ya, ya i know. But Dira, I am scared. What if that emperor decides to kill me? Or worse what if he says I have to stay in Obelia my whole life! I can't do that! I will die without you by my side. I will forget to take my medicine and at one point I will forget how to walk. What would I do then? I need you! You can't leave me..." Diana ranted and whined about things and I just listened as we made our way to my office. Surely, she can be even worse than a kid sometimes.

(A/N: I will make a side story about Diana's past and her life. You will get why she got attached to Penelope that quick.) 

In the eckart mansion: