Chapter 47 - "Ellos pudieron..."

[Author: It would really be encouraging for me as the author if anyone reading could follow, comment, and vote! Thank you so much to everyone]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At the dorms I sat on my bed, just finishing a call with my brothers. I stare out the window. My brothers were proud of me; they didn't deserve my absence, but my grudge against heroes was bigger. I got on my shoes and headed for a night walk once everyone was sleeping. The silence around the street was astonishing.

"Hey kid," facing me further down the street was Hawks. "I heard you passed and I'm proud of you. I knew you'd make it."

"I don't need your praise~ asi que uscale." Again, he is trying to get my trust.... que flojera. "Como dice el dicho 'La mona aunque se vista de seda, mona se queda."

Wearing a loose tank top and sport shorts, hawks noticed as I passed him the tattoo, I carried behind my back. "It must've been hard for you to lose both your parents." I stopped in my tracks without glancing back at him. "Don't worry I only know, but" his steps grew closer, and my eyebrows furrowed, nose twitched, mouth sneered, and my fists tightened with every breath. "To think a kid like you has been through so much and has never given up no matter the consequence is incredible. and before I say any further you need to understand," His presence was right behind me "Not every hero is what you think they are."

I spin around quickly to meet his repugnant gaze. "Que sigue?! el conejo de pascua es real?! you may speak for yourself, because every hero will always be. the. same. I don't care how many tortures or times anyone has to remind me that they are not bad. I will always stand for that." My eyes pierced through him. He saw the hatred and disgust I had when speaking of heroes; he rubbed his eyes under his gold goggles in frustration.

"All right~ you leave me no choice then."

My tense body releases the tension of anger "What do you mean?" Soon he lifts me up and starts to fly. "hijo! te du reputa madre put me down!!" He reaches a landing place. I stumble once I get off him. He puts his index finger above his mouth, which stops me from yelling and punching him, and then points somewhere. I look over from the building I was in and look down between these trashed buildings, Bakugou and Izuku talking in a descriptive manner.

"You and I both wanted to be like All Might.. yet someone I always saw as a pebble was acknowledged by the person I most admired...that's why," Bakugou lifted up his arm and activated his quirk. "Let's fight. Right here. Right now." His expression was serious.

Of course, Izuku tried anything other than to have a fight. "Huh?! Now?! wait no this is bad we're not supposed to be here. We-we could fight during practice and reserve a training room!" Bakugou didn't look satisfied with his answer.

Any other person in my place would stop them or be worried, but I was drawn into how this might end up. Hawks walked beside me "I didn't bring you here to watch a fight between these kids but the reason behind it. Pay attention to these classmates of yours you call a waste of potential trying to be a hero." I side-eye him as he talks. Taking his words, I continue listening and staring.

My eyes gently tense up because of bakugou's unexpected look on his face as those words left his mouth. "What part of you made All Might do what he did?" uncertainty and disappointment were written all over him. "I want to see for myself. If your admiration was greater," The tint in his eyes weren't like any other way, I've seen them. "Then does that mean my admiration was meaningless?"

I guess I didn't know him at all. I was aware of his admiration for All Might; but the manner in which he displayed it was unlike any other form of admiration. It appeared as though All Might was what motivated him, kept his standards high, and shaped who he is now. For him to end up hurt must mean he has caught on to Izuku's and All Might's close relationship. In a flash, Bakugou blew himself up at Izuku, blasting an explosion that Izuku barely dodged. "Come on!"

I covered my eyes as the explosion got to the building, blasting glass in the air. "Do we even have to fight?! Kachan! No one said your admi--," another blast. "Wait!"

"No matter how many times I beat you! you are always glued behind me!"

"Kacchan!" another blast

"Don't run! fight me!" His desperation "Even though we admired the same person!....." another blast "Why!?!" Izuku was able to stop his attack but still got hit by him. "Why!?" Izuku kicked him. Bakugou stumbled and his fall made me flinch, which Hawks noticed.

There was silence. "A-Are you okay?" Izuku said concerned and extended his hand to Bakugou on the floor. Bakugou slapped Izuku's hand away. My jaw clenched and the grip on my hands crossed in my chest also tightened.

"Don't worry about me! Fight! What the hell is wrong with you?" I swallowed a lump of saliva. I was astounded that someone with such a massive ego could be so flammable. I turned my head away in discomfort. "Why...why did I end up having to chase after the back of someone who was always behind me?" The sound of his voice made me wince. He spoke with such agony, something I'd never imagine coming out of someone's mouth. Especially his. "Why did a damn small fry like you get strong?" I wanted to avenge him. I was disgusted by the pain he was going through. My feet reached the edge of the building, but hawks held onto my arm.

"Don't." I stood still and ripped my arm from him.

"And become acknowledged by All Might?" My eyebrows furrowed upward as I lay eyes on him. Admiration is simple to give and receive but growing in respect for someone as you follow in their footsteps when you are young is a difficult sensation to describe when it all gets taken away from you. "Why is it that you became strong..." I detested frail people, especially those whose stare was on the ground held low. "...but I..." Don't say it. "Why was I..." Don't "Why was I the one unacknowledged by him? Has my effort been for nothing?" I turned around, facing away from him.

I let out an aggressive punch in the air and covered my eyes. "otro pobre imbecil dejando su dolor que agarre control." I sigh. "Why did you bring me here?" I asked.

"You have to see that heroes aren't what you imagine, they have feelings and emotions."

"No!" I yelled as quietly as I could without parting my teeth as the word left my mouth. I didn't want to accept it. "All the heroes are the same, they want fame, money, power, and control!" I turn to look at hawks, my eyes glowing from unwanted tears. "Ellos pudieron prevenir la muerte de mi padre~ ¡Cuántas veces no se repite ese mismo día una y otra vez! Esos héroes pudieron ser algo pero no hicieron nada~ prefirieron salvarse ellos mismos." I sucked up the tears from falling and looked back down. Both of them were back at it, fighting seriously this time. Izuku wasn't holding back, but bakugou wasn't either.

Finally, the fight ended with Bakugou winning. "Stop you two." I turned towards the sound of that voice.... All Might. I moved to the opposite end of the building, sat down, and gazed at the ground with my legs hanging out. I couldn't bear to see All Might.

 I couldn't bear to see All Might