one

prisoner x prison guard
Worth (Malakai) x Nate
***

"You're in jail, I'm not."

I smirk, looking at supposedly the most feared and somehow most revered prisoner in this jail, Worth, as he glared down at me.

"When the sun begins to set, I get ready to go home. I get to leave this place, but you're still here. Realize that I didn't tell you to do all of those crimes, no one did. So if you want to be mad at anyone, be mad at yourself."

I saw his friends behind him looking up at him to see if he'd retaliate. My hand was still rested on my taser for effect, but he didn't seem to care.

He looked over his shoulder at his gang that was instigating for a reaction.

"Worth, do something to that bitch! Who the hell he think he talkin' to? Seg is nothing to Worth you know, beating your ass will be nothin'." One of the inmates shouts and they all agreed.

"Is that a threat?" I sneer, and I saw them look around at each other. They were all talk, but they won't do anything to me.

I look back at Worth, his eyes still set on me. For some odd reason, I didn't find him all that threatening. It seemed intentional for him to come off that way.

"You don't know what I'm in for." Worth finally speaks, and I raise my eyebrow at him. "You don't know what I've seen, what I've done, none of that. All you are is some punk ass with a badge who is given authority over us to make yourself feel better. You're just an advanced babysitter."

"Oh yeah," I snort, stepping close towards him as he didn't budge, "Then who's the fucking baby I'm sitting?"

I heard his friends and others more get riled up, but I saw the amusement in his eyes. Was I mistaken?

Who gets amusement out of this shit of a situation?

"You're talkin' reckless." Another friend of his stood up to me. "We ain't babies bitch, we ain't in here on some baby shit. We've actually done things, some things others aren't proud about. Just because we are here don't mean we should be treated some type of way."

"I beg to differ." I snort, stepping back from Worth as I go to my seating area to watch over everyone.

The fact that they put just one guard in here to watch over about forty inmates is beyond me. I'm not afraid I'm the slightest though. They can talk the talk, but no one is willing to walk the walk.

As my new job of being a CO, I pride myself on the fact that I am not easily frightened. I grew up in the ghetto and have been around personalities such as theirs. Where the gang life or street life is where they long to be. That's their home, and they'll do anything to stay where it feels home. Even if it's commit crimes, together.

Except they're not outside now, they're in here. I can tell lots of them want to get out and adding more charges on them isn't what they want. Some don't care depending on how long they've been in here or if they're on some long time. Possibly moving to a federal prison, because this one is a state prison.

The people I'm watching have done some bad stuff. They need to be on high security, but they're not.

Well...this is a state prison...

I suddenly see a hand slam on the counter, and I look to see it was Worth. His eyes set on me differently than before. Not to mention his friends weren't sticking close to him now.

When I look I saw them all talking at some seats. Were they plotting something or what? In my training, it was advised to not let people be in large groups here. It's wise for at least four max.