² twenty three

Worth .

"You're breaking a lot of laws speaking to me like this. You reaching out to me."

I tell Michael and his dad, an old ass man who gave off southern charm. The way he sat himself and the way he just...was as a person.

We were in a secluded place, obviously, a secret place. A restaurant that only certain people can get into. Probably for reasons like this.

Because people who do wrong things will always find ways to continue their wrong behavior. Looks like the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree in his case.

Just looking at him...once Chief Michael, the person I was going against in this case, here. With his old ass father, for what?

"You didn't have to come. You're just as wrong, so neither of us win."

"It's not about winning. You don't know what I came here for. How do you know you're not being watched, recorded right now?" I mess with him, raising my eyebrow as I pull out my phone.

Only to show him the screen and it was turned off. Except I had the equipment Nate gave me...the stuff that records this. That damn little mini recording device he used to get stuff on me, I now have on them.

How ironic.

"I come here, with nothing."

"As do I," His dad pulled out his own phone and removed his jacket, shaking it out to show nothing flying out, "good boy."

I had to keep my face from scrunching up in displeasure, noticing the way he began to smirk.

"What?"

"You surprise me." Micheal's dad tells me, my arms folded as I look down at him.

I wasn't afraid or nervous in the slightest. That control they believe they had over me, was gone. The idea of everything...was nothing to me now.

It held no substance.

Yeah, I fucked the majority of the prison staff and some inmates. So what if it was probably used against me because I was in a horrible situation? I don't care.

"How do I surprise you?"

"You're more well read than I thought you'd be. I thought you'd be all about the obvious." His dad mocks me, and I saw Michael avoid even looking at me.

He was looking at his dad with somehow...embarrassed eyes. I don't know what he was embarrassed for. He's talking to me like this, not him, the one who should really be hearing this mess.

"What's that 'obvious'?" I challenge him, narrowing my eyes upon him. "I can't read minds."

"You know what that is. Do I need to spell it out for ya'? We're in a public settin'." His dad snickers, only for his smile to disappear immediately. "I don't really like to play games, so I'll cut to it. You and your little schlong have caused enough mess around my prison. It's a fuckin' embarrassment already havin' to call this boy my eldest son, but this tops it all off."

I glance at Michael, seeing his face red as his dad was ripping into him.

I didn't really feel bad, but I didn't care for this conversation either.

"So what?" I interrupt him. "What does this have to do with me? He made his choice because he liked my 'schlong'. Why get mad at me?"

"You...are the one who pressed charges. Ya' brought forward a damn case and publicizing it to the whole world! The world callin' my son an...and you a victim. You both wanted it for all I know. Sex is a two way thing, takes two to tango. Everyone saw those videos, and you clearly were lovin' it. So why do this-?"