sixteen

"So tell me, Officer Nate," I glared at Micah as this was the fifth time this week we've eaten out with him since Worth insisted to me, "Why should I trust you? You're a police officer! I just...I just can't even imagine ever putting my full fledged faith into you."

He laughs, Worth just drinking his milkshake as he watched TV in the restaurant we drove out for.

"I don't care if you do or not to be honest." I say sternly, and Micah smirks.

"You're so unconvincing." He chuckles, and I look away from him. "Would it hurt you to at least pretend like you don't hate my guts? We don't even know each other like that. All I've done is call you a bitch here and there."

I didn't care about that. It's about what he's doing to Worth and what he's willing to put him through.

"That means nothing to me."

"It means something to me." Worth chimes in suddenly, and I saw Micah look at him now. "I don't allow anyone to call him a bitch. In jail, you call someone a bitch you're asking for either a fight or trying to talk down to them. No one will fight him, and no one will dare talk down to him."

"Ooh, so scary~." Micah seems to mock him, but that only makes Worth roll his eyes at him. "Seriously though. You've brought Malakai out here multiple times to see me since I'm stuck here, so you'll have to get used to me at some point since I won't be leaving this state anytime soon."

I don't say anything because I wasn't going to be getting used to anything. I could get used to seeing him be behind bars. Besides that, him as a person, no way.

"Oh well, because I am not going to waste my time pretending I like you. That's fake, and I am not a fake person." I sneer at him, sitting back against my seat. "What do I fucking get out of pretending to be nice to you besides my pain and suffering pretending to do so?"

Micah glanced at Worth who shrugs at him, and I saw him look surprised by his reaction.

"Malakai...I can't believe this. You really don't have a problem with what he just said?"

"No?" Worth drank his shake again, nodding at me. "I can't force him to like you, and he hasn't said anything rude to you. What do I need to have a problem with?"

I saw Micah take offense to that instantly. Worth didn't seem to care, no, he definitely didn't care. I knew that he still really loved his brother and wanted to protect him, but there was something amiss in it all.

He clearly had this idea to keep him from prison...his destiny being to protect his brother from jail. Except...he clearly has a leg up on him in terms of...everything.

I don't understand.

"I never saw you as the one to become a police officer's bitch."

"If you say so." Worth shrugs, looking back at the TV and he definitely didn't care about that. That bothered Micah some more because he's an obvious piece of work.

If I didn't know any better, I would think Micah was the younger one.

Worth is bigger than him and way more mature than him. Not that looks determine age either, but Worth is definitely much more better looking than his brother. He's just got it all...

"Who are you and what did you do with my brother?!" Micah snaps at Worth, only to laugh as he smacks Worth's shoulder harshly.

I saw Worth just bracing himself against it as if to mask if it really hurt or not. That pissed me off to see such a thing. My fist banging on the table, Micah stops and raises his eyebrow.