² twenty five

Worth .

"I'm not too surprised," Nate starts, shaking his head as he listened to the recording, "Michael is a sick piece of shit. He really risked the case and him being found guilty for sure now is just....beyond me."

"I know." I smile awkwardly, looking at him for a moment longer.

He was so focused on the evidence at hand, but I was too focused on him.

After having heard Michael's own reasons for feeling the way he feels for me, I was thinking about Nate. About how he feels for me and what I even feel for him...

That strong desire was growing the longer I thought about it.

I remember when it was tough.

When he first arrived there and I thought he was sexy. Right off the rip, I actually found a cop attractive. He was one that I would've easily fucked if he had asked me to.

Then I began to realize that there was more to it than that.

My attraction didn't just stem from anywhere. It was because it was like my mind and soul knew he was my NBI...

"You're staring hard."

I was brought back to reality, seeing Nate blushing as he already was uploading the recording onto a drive. I just nod in agreement, smirking.

"I am."

"And why is that?"

"Because. I listened to how...stupid Michael sounded and then I thought. When I first met and saw you, I didn't know you were my NBI. I just knew you were this...sexy guy who really loved his job. I wanted to hate you, badly, but I couldn't." I confess, seeing his eyes soften on me.

I stood up from my seat, going towards him.

Crouching before him now, I smirk.

"He fell for me because I chose him first. Out of all of the options, he believed that I always made him my first choice. Then I think about you and..." I falter, becoming shy out of nowhere.

Nate begins to nod, smiling as he rubs my shoulder.

"And you already had me as soon as I saw you. Didn't have to do anything. For Michael, it was something I did. For me to you...you didn't have to do a damn thing. You already had me the moment you talked crazy to me." I tease him at the end, seeing him roll his eyes as I smirk. "Seriously though."

"I know, I know." He smiles, cradling my face as he leans his forehead against mine. "You've grown so much from then. I haven't been the best at times, and I lied too long to you in the beginning because I believed I was protecting you. Except I was only hurting you."

My hands grip his waist, my eyes lowering from his as I was actually looking more than just at his face. I found myself...wanting him.

It wasn't something that I thought about and nothing led to this that was obvious. I just...wanted to do it.

I wanted to hold the one I loved most.

Nate.

"Worth are you listening-?"

I captured his lips, kissing him hungrily as I let my hands go up his body. Allowing myself to grip his face, I held him close.

Feeling his body move from being on the chair, to now on my lap.

We both parted lips for a moment, the both of us looking into one another's eyes.

"Is this...what I think it is?"

I smirk, feeling myself hard under his ass as his face becomes flushed so easily.

"It is...it's been a long time coming."

________________🥵

it's time.

- yolo