² twenty eight

Worth .

"You have crossed a fine line. I set boundaries, and you disrespected them and not only that, but you are possibly putting not just my child, but Micah's kids in danger. And because of what?"

I glared down at my mom as we sat in a restaurant to talk. This is what we should've done in the first place instead of inviting her over to where we live. That wasn't even my idea, it was Nate's. I didn't know she was coming, but if I had, I would not have invited her to our home of all places.

Our home is a weak spot, and he exposed it to her.

"Because you tried to cut me off-."

"I wonder why?" I snap at her, my hands balling into fists in disgust. "This case...will end eventually. And when it's over, I want all of this shit to be out of my life. You are trying to fuck with my life because you're mad at me for trying to better it? I don't need you comin' in and fuckin' it up like you did Micah's! Look where he is now because of you and our dad!"

My mom just continued to glare at me with absolutely zero remorse. She didn't care, and her lack of care pissed me off.

"You don't do that to your mother. I'm your mom, I gave birth to you-."

"You may have given birth to me, but you're not my mother." I sneer, ignoring Nate's looks of wariness. "You don't even deserve for me to call you that, Florence."

"You think you talkin' crazy to me will make me back up off you?" Florence questions me harshly, beginning to snort at me. "You tryna act like Micah and look where he at? He's in prison about to do hard time in the name of his father."

I just sat there, glaring at her because everything that flew out her mouth was just bullshit. I was there for Micah and he has done some awful shit. He's hurt people, and people have hurt him. A lot of people have hurt us...but not as much as family has hurt us both.

Our family has done more harm than good, for us both; but especially me.

"You both are and were horrible, nonexistent entities in our lives. Now you want to shove yourself in - well it's too late now! I don't want my parents in my life! I'm a parent now, and I now see what I don't ever want to be." I sneer at her, my heart beginning to feel a type of way I haven't felt in so long. "And do you even speak to Micah anymore?"

"For what? He's failed us." She shrugs, leaning back in her seat as I felt sick to my stomach. "You too. You both have done everything I did not expect you to do-."

"And that means everything for me to hear." I interrupt her once again.

I could tell me simply interrupting her was pissing her off more and more, but I didn't care.

I was just tired of it, I was tired of this, and I was tired of her.

And I...

I missed Micah.

"You do that again," I stand up, glaring down at her as she glares up at me, "I will do anything in my power to get you arrested. I know you've done something that warrants your arrest. Especially for my father. Don't give away our address to random people again. I hope I never have to see again unless it's in court. Besides that, never ever."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." She stands up, having the most hate-filled look in her eyes for me. Like she wanted to...see me rot in hell.

Even though I was her child, this is how she looks at me.

...I hate her.

And this made me...want to see Micah...for some odd reason.

I feel like I went about things all wrong with him. And I don't care if Nate or anyone else judges me...they'll never understand our story.

___________________🫢✋

this story is almost over, don't worry.

ack. 😪

- yolo