twenty eight

"I wouldn't have...even given Micah the time of day. He would've rotted in there for all I cared...if he was my brother who did such things to me."

I hear Worth chuckle, confusing me.

"It's not funny."

"I know, I just...he's all of my family I have left. Biologically, at least." He smiles awkwardly, gripping the steering wheel. "It's a good thing I'm not you then. I just don't want to regret anything. I don't want to regret...having not given him another chance-."

"When it comes to someone like him who took so many things and moments from you for his selfish reasons...he doesn't deserve even a first chance." I snap, becoming more angry the more I thought on it.

I saw Worth thinking on it too, only to shake his head as he tightens his lips together.

"I just can't...let myself get lost in that thought. What he's done to me...the time I wasted in there - I can't focus on that. There is literally nobody else in relation to me that I know of. It's just his stupid ass and I can't change that shit! I can't lose him too... I already lost it all in terms of what I know to be. I got you back, and then something is taken soon after-."

"A bad thing was taken." I remind him, shaking my head at the thought of Micah possibly being back in his life. "I hope...he rots in there."

"I don't." Worth looked at me with shock, frowning as he looks back forward. "I...I wanted you to let me drive  back since I'm trying for my license, but I don't think I can drive back. I don't think I could concentrate,"

I sigh, not moving from the passenger seat as he just looks on blankly. The prison that Micah was now in right behind us. It was awkward...just a little bit. 

Awkward because he was once there and now he's out. It's great that Micah's ass is in there, but it should've been in there from day one.

"Just try it. If you are really certain just drive off to the side of the road and we'll easily switch. Until then, just go on ahead. I'm tired of being in this area." I tell him and he nods.

Now he begins to start the car, driving off and away from the prison. I look into the side mirror, watching it get farther and farther away. My eyes moving back onto Worth who was frowning again.

"What?" I speak up.

"I'm just...stuck. Are you...pregnant?"

I flinch, frowning as to why he'd ask me that.

"Why are you asking me that?"

"Because it's been a few weeks and you never looked. I just want to forget about Micah and think about something else. Did you ever check or you just know you're not pregnant?" He asks quickly, accelerating some on the road.

I tap his arm for him to calm down, and he takes a deep breath. Slowly easing up on the accelerator as he waited.

"I never checked, I'll be honest; but I can." I say to him and he nods quickly. "Okay then, I will check for you. It's a little...weird to think about though. Me going to the doctor not for myself, but to check if I'm possibly pregnant..."

I smile at him, seeing him smile shyly as he nods.

"But, say I'm not pregnant," I put out a feeler to see what he'd say, "What then-?"

"We have sex until I get your pregnant, simple. I must have a baby with you, I want to have a baby with you. To raise them better than I ever was...I want to rest in the assurance that I can do better and give them better. More than what I ever had..." Worth spoke up really fast, his lips tightening together. "Sorry..."