twenty nine

"I wasn't even this nervous when I went to jail." Worth snickered, causing the doctor to glance over him funny as he set up the equipment. Since we were now...at the doctors office to check if...I'm really pregnant.

I feel no different in all honesty.

But...we'll have to see.

"You were in jail?" The doctor ends up asking him, and Worth nods. "Oh..."

"He didn't commit any of the crimes," I clear up any assumptions she could've possibly made, and she frowned, "It really...isn't any of your business. Can we just get this done?"

Worth grabbed that weird gel stuff, and I lifted my shirt as I put my hand out for him to put it into my hand. Only for him to shake his head as he puts it in his own hand. Using his free hand to press me back down onto the bench, he smirked.

"Enjoy this nice little massage." He husks quite seductively as a joke, and he begins to rub it onto my stomach.

Which...were all abs, so I really don't know how anyone could be living inside of there. It's weird to think about...

Someone who could be Worth and I combined? Now that's something to be happy about. I don't want him to ever think that it's not something to be amazed by. Except he looked amazed and fascinated.

"I just know...this baby will have the best life, a life better than one I ever could possibly live! I don't want them to ever feel what I felt as a child. Like there wasn't really someone out there who loved me, who cared about my existence." Worth pulled his hands from my stomach, smiling as he rubs them on a paper towel the doctor gave him.

"I hope for all of that too with you, through and through." I say with the most certainty. I saw his eyes soften upon me until they moved onto the doctor who set this weird stick on my stomach.

She started to move it along it in a concentrated way. My lips tightened together because I felt bad...I don't think anyone will be in-.

"Oh! Won't you look at that." She snickers, and I saw Worth suddenly standing in front of the screen. I couldn't even see it as she looked at him as if he was the cutest thing.

I tried to sit up to see, only for him to push me back onto my back. Looking up at him, I saw one tear going down his cheek. Only to watch as it fell onto my own cheek and I look up at him in shock.

"I love you so much..." He whimpers, and my eyes widened upon him. "The baby must be kind to you since you said you didn't feel anything. They've been letting be at peace...they're so cute Nate."

I saw him move, and I looked to see a small...form on the screen. It was inside of me as I saw it on its back in a fetal position. My eyes moved back onto Worth who was still looking up In mesmerization to it all.

"This...changes everything," He breathes, biting his lip as he points at the screen, "I refuse to let my experiences hold me back from giving this baby my everything! I must finish my GED, and when I do, I shall apply for colleges! Good colleges, so that I can pursue what I've always wanted to pursue!"

"And what is that?"

We look at the doctor, seeing her grin awkwardly as she cleared her throat.

"Sorry, I interjected myself into the conversation."

"It's fine, I want to be a lawyer." Worth tells her proudly, and she smiles. "Because...I want to help people who are abused and used by the system. Too many people go to jail with false evidence...falsely imprisoned, and abused because in those peoples eyes... Inmates are subhumans who don't deserve the natural human rights. I want to help them, they need someone too, even if some of them did mess up."