three

"We need to talk."

I stop walking, looking as I saw an officer of higher command walk towards me. That was confusing considering my shift was about to start. I needed to be in there so that the girl and I can switch shifts.

"Yes? My shift is about to start though." I let him know, but he didn't seem to care.

I see him hand me an envelope and I saw that it had Worth's name on it. Looking up at him in disbelief, he didn't even look fazed.

"What...what is this?"

"What does it look like?" He frowns, causing me to look back at it worriedly. There can't be corruption this high up...is there? "Just give it to him. He needs to read it. It pertains to his case."

That still seemed suspicious to me. I didn't argue though as I nod, seeing him grin.

"Okay, thank you. You may go-."

"What is Worth's case? If...I may ask." I found myself asking quickly.

He looked at me in shock like I should've known this stuff. I wanted to look into it the first day I got here, but I know at this point, Worth will not show me his wristband himself.

I don't recall actually...him wearing one, now that I think about it.

"You don't know?"

"No...?" I chuckle awkwardly. "That's why I'm asking."

"How about you ask him?" He just says instead, walking away from me.

Watching his retreating back, I felt kind of disrespected. Not fully...but it was getting there. Why would I ask him?

Isn't his case already in the system? I could just look myself! Except I don't know his real name.

"So fucking useless." I hiss under my breath as I get to my cell block. "Open the worst cell block."

I speak over to the cell tower. Beginning to see the doors slide open, I walk in to see-.

"Why is he out?!" I shout at my subordinate as he was talking to her at the counter. She looked surprised to see me, but Worth didn't. "Your shift is up. I told you early this morning that he is to be locked in. Why is he out?"

"He said you locked him in for petty reasons. There was no legitimate reason for you to lock him in-."

"You're going to believe a prisoner over your own coworker? Are you fucking insane?" I snap harshly, causing Worth to snicker. "What is so fucking funny?"

Worth continued to just chuckle in my face and I saw my subordinate grinning up at him.

...oh my fucking-.

"Get out, your shift is over." I snap, and I go past her. Taking up all the things, I see her and Worth speak like he was walking her out.

That pissed me off because I already knew he had her by the clit.

When she left, he walked back over to the desk. He rested his arms on the counter as he looked down at me. I could see that condescending and mocking expression all over his face.

It pissed me off...

"You are like a child. Refusing to listen to the damn rules."

"Who's rules am I supposed to be following? I know it's not yours."

"Of course they're mine! I run this pod!" I shout at him, and I suddenly heard laughter erupt everywhere.

The echoing of the laughter was just all over as they laughed at me even though they're not in this fucking conversation. I saw Worth just look at me blankly with no expression, and he didn't seem to have anything to say.