² twenty four

Michael . three years ago...

"You don't understand shit."

I stood quietly before the new inmate, Worth...that's what he told us to call him.

He's been in here for a few months now and he has not said anything on his brother. Hasn't slipped up, hasn't begged to leave, hasn't anything. He just continues to...take the for crimes we are all certain he didn't commit.

"I'm trying to understand...but you are making this difficult-."

"I already told you what you all wanted to hear," Worth interrupts me, nodding over at my colleagues behind me, "you just want to hear something else too."

"You didn't do the crimes you're saying you did. It doesn't make sense-."

"It doesn't have to make sense."

"But it does. I can't someone in jail for crimes they didn't commit. You know that better than anyone."

"And yet...where have I been for the past few months?" Worth sneers sharply at me.

I heard what the others were mumbling behind me, and it was the same stuff they have continually mentioning.

How much they are obsessed with him. Any inmate that passes through here would never get such treatment as Worth has. I don't know if it's because he hasn't actually done anything...but everyone finds him fascinating.

He's very nice to look at...and I admire his tenacity, despite how stupid it is of him to stick up for someone like his brother. I know...he didn't do the crimes he is saying he did. That's the most obvious thing.

I just need a confession from him saying his brother did. He's the only one that can tie this case together. Because he was the only one who was actually with his brother, he was the closest one to the source.

Yet, he's trying to pretend that he is the source.

Someone as...sexy as him, pretending.

"You're playing adult games," I start, seeing him raise his eyebrow at me as I set my hand on the table before him, "you'll receive adult prizes. This isn't something you can just pretend and act like it's nothing. Your lies, ruin your life. You'll be stuck here."

"I am not pretending anything. There aren't any games being played, I am accepting my consequences." Worth raised his hands up in defense, a smile slowly growing to his lips. "I want to receive my 'adult prizes'."

"And what is that?" A guard asks behind me before I could.

When I look at him, I saw he was red in the face and looked shameful. Almost all of them did.

"Life in prison."

My head whips back onto him, seeing his expression blank. He nods at the clock as if to let us know it's been an hour.

"You've interrogated me for an hour already. You got nothing but wasted time. I'm telling you the truth, it's me-."

"But it's not." I interrupt him.

Worth looks me dead in the eye, and I felt like he was...staring into my soul. Almost like he was reaching into such a place and reading my mind.

It felt-.

"I don't care what you say, it's me." He interrupts my thoughts, and he stands up now.

All of us looking up at him, he walks towards the door.

Except I saw the way everyone was behaving...

They weren't going to just let him leave.

There were seven guys in here, and all of them were obsessed with him. And I shamefully...was one of those seven.