003 - The Weirdo on Maple Street

The girl was taken to Mike Wheeler's house as there was no other place they could take her

The girl was taken to Mike Wheeler's house as there was no other place they could take her. She was sitting down on the couch in the basement, the other four standing right across her.

"Are you okay?"

"Is there any number we can call for your parents?"

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

"Is that blood?" Lucas reaches down for the girl and Alex slaps his hand.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!" Alex yells at the boys.

The girl had a terrified expression on her face while the boys were asking her tons of questions.

"Shes freaking me out!" Lucas yells back.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin says then claps his hands in a surprise movement. "Not deaf."

"All right, thats enough all right? She's just scared and cold." Mike says.

Alex made her way to her bag and took out some clean, spare clothes she had. She then walks up to the girl and gives her the clothes which she accepted instantly.

The girl took off her jacket that Alex gave her in the rain so she doesn't freeze and then started taking off the yellow shirt which was the only piece of clothing she had.

The three boys yelled and covered their eyes, Alex stopping the girl from taking the shirt off right in time.

She then showed the girl to the bathroom. "See this is the bathroom, you can change here. Privacy. You get it?" She smiles to the girl.

The girl nods and walks in the bathroom. Alex then begins to close the door but the girl stops her. "You don't want it closed?" Alex asks.

"No" The girl spoke for the first time.

"Oh, okay then maybe we can just close it a bit,"
Alex then closes the door until there's a four inch gap. "Is that okay?"

"Yes." The girl spoke again.

Alex then waited for her leaning on the doorframe , facing the boys who were sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

"This is mental." Dustin says shocked.

"I mean at least she can talk." Mike tried.