015 - The Hub

The group of 5, and a passed out Steve were now in Billy's car with Max driving

The group of 5, and a passed out Steve were now in Billy's car with Max driving. Lucas was in the front seat holding a map, directing the girl, and Dustin, Mike, Alex and Steve were in the backseat. Dustin was on the end, Mike right next to him and then Alex next to Mike with her brother laying on her.

Max was driving them to where Hopper's hole was, where they were planning to enter the Upside Down and go to the hub which they would set on fire, buying some time for El to close the gate.

"What are we gonna do if Steve wakes up?" Lucas asks.

"I don't know." Dustin replies.

"I mean, look at him." Alex points to Steve. He was covered with blood and he had a huge black eye. He had a few colorful bandages on his forehead and Mike was holding an ice pack on top of them. "I don't think he's gonna wake up until we finish." Alex assured the group.

"Nancy?" Steve then mutters, opening his eyes and looking at Mike. Mike furrows his eyebrows, turning to Alex.

"Shit. He woke up." She whispers.

Steve then groans in pain, holding his hand up to feel his bruised face.

"No, don't touch it." Dustin slaps his hand away. "It's okay, you put up a good fight."

"Yeah." Alex nods. "He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight." She lies. "Now, shh." She closes his eyes, trying to get him back to sleep.

"Okay, you're gonna keep straight for a half a mile, then make a left on Mount Sinai." Lucas reads the map.

"What's going on?" Steve turns to his sister and then to Max, on the drivers seat.

"Steve, don't freak out." Alex says, but it was too late.

"Oh my God!" Steve yells, sitting up.

"Just relax, she's driven before." Dustin tries.

"Yeah, in a parking lot." Mike scoffs.

"Yeah, that counts." Lucas says.

"Oh, my God." Steve repeats.

"They were gonna leave you behind." Dustin tells Steve. "I promised that you'd be cool, okay?"

"Yeah, so be cool!" Alex commands.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on?" Steve panics once Max started driving faster. He was definitely not cool. "Stop the car! Slow down!"