004 - I Saw It

Sitting around the Wheeler's dining room table, the four were lost in their thoughts, not eating

"Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Karen asks the kids.

"Ah no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch..." Dustin forms a fake smile. "I don't know why."

"Me too." Lucas says with an awkward tone.

"It's delicious mommy." Nancy smiles at her mother, obviously faking it.

"Thank you sweetie."

"So, there's this special assembly thing tonight for Will at the school field. Barb's driving." Nancy tells her mom.

"Why am i just hearing about this?" Karen asks.

"I thought you knew." Nancy replies.

"I told you. I don't want you out after dark until Will is found."

"I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if I'm not there. I mean, everyone's going."

Karen sighs. "Just be back by ten. Why don't you take the boys and Alex with you?"

"No!" The four yell, Alex taking a sip of her milk.

"Don't you think you should be there? for Will?" Karen asks the four.

Just then, Alex looks behind Karen and sees El walking down the stairs.

She spits out her milk, causing the other four to look at her, then look at El.

Karen turns to see whats behind her, then Dustin pounds on the table twice, causing Karen to turn right back.

"Sorry. Spasm." He says awkwardly.

The four look at each other, with a 'what do we do' expression on their face.

"Nice." Nancy says looking at them.

El was now sitting in her fort, flicking the switches on Mike's intercom.

"El?" Alex walks up to her with the boys behind her.

"No adults. Just us and some meatloaf." Mike says.

El says nothing, but looks up at Lucas and Dustin. She was wary of them.

"Don't worry. They won't tell anyone about you. They promise. Right?" The brunette tries reassuring El.