013 - Memories

The large group had just finished emptying and masking the storage room in the Byers backyard

The large group had just finished emptying and masking the storage room in the Byers backyard. Mike thought that it would be a good idea to cover it all in cardboard, aluminum and black paper so Will doesn't recognize the place. They placed a chair in the middle of the room, another chair right across of it, and two lights in front of it. Jonathan sat Will on one of the chairs. The boy was still sleeping so they all had time to tie him on the chair, just incase he tries escaping.

Everything was ready now and they were just waiting for Will to wake up. They planned to remind Will of his good memories and somehow get him back.

Hopper ordered that all teens should go wait in the living room, except for Mike, Jonathan and Alex, since they were close with Will and they shared a lot of memories with him.

"What? What? What is this?" Will looks around the room, his eyes furrowed in confusion. "Why am I tied up?" He shakes trying to break free of the ropes.

"Will we just wanna talk to you." Joyce reaches for the boys hands. "We're not gonna hurt you." She assures.

"Where am I?" He repeats in a louder tone.

"You recognize this?" Hopper holds out the drawing of the Mind Flayer, showing it to Will.

The boy shakes his head no.

"Do you recognize this?" Hopper repeats his question, but Will shakes his head once again.

"Hey." Joyce catches his attention. "We wanna help you. But to do that, we have to understand how to kill it."

"Why am I tied up?" He shouts. "Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?" His voice getting louder and harsher with every sentence.

"Hey!" Hopper holds him still.

"Let me go! Let me go!" The boy yells. His voice didn't even sound like his anymore. It was now sort of distorted and harsh. "Let me go! Let me go!" The lights start flickering.

After yelling and yelling, the boy got tired and finally calmed down. The lights stopped flickering, and Joyce started to speak.

"Do you know what March 22 is?" She looks at the boy. "It's your birthday. Your birthday. When you turned 8, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that?" She forms a small smile on her face. "It was 120 colors. And all your friends, they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with your new colors." She reaches for his hand once again. "And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie. It was your spaceship. A rainbow ship is what you called it."