005 - Holly, Jolly

The next morning, Alex was at Mike's house, the two eating breakfast in his basement

The next morning, Alex was at Mike's house, the two eating breakfast in his basement. The girl was explaining what she saw last night.

"The lights were flickering, and uh, then they went off and the the monster, it was like it had a human body but its head, it was like a flower in a way." She tries explaining, still terrified by what she saw.

"The Demogorgon..." Mike thought.

"A-And when the lights were back on Barb, she was gone, the monster- the Demogorgon too." Tears form in the girls eyes.

"It's okay." Mike says grabbing the girls hand sort of comforting her.

Lucas and Dustin then appear from the top of the stairs, racing down and dropping their bags on the floor near the table.

"We just tell our parents we have A.V. Club after lunch. That'll give us at least a few hours for operation Mirkwood." Mike explains.

"You seriously think that weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asks Mike.

"Just trust me on this, Okay?" He replies

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?" Alex looks at Lucas and Dustin.

"Yeah." Lucas nods he gets his bag and pulls out the supplies he got. "Binoculars, from 'Nam, Army knife, also from 'Nam, hammer, camouflage, bandanna... and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Alex scoffs.

"First of all, it's a Wrist Rocket." Lucas starts. "And second of all the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up."

"So you're telling me what I saw yesterday was all just made up and in my head?" Alex raises her voice.

"I mean- Okay, but if there is something im gonna shoot it right in the eye..." Lucas holds up his wrist rocket. "And blind it."

Mike sighs. "Dustin what did you get?"

"Well alrighty." Dustin empties his bag. "So we've got... Nutty bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, apple," He holds up the snacks. "Banana, and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Alex looks at the boy.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina." Dustin looks at the three. "And besides, why do we need weapons anyway? We have her!" He points over to El.