008. Brimborn Steelworks

The group was gathered all around Alex now

The group was gathered all around Alex now. She was sat in front of the TV, blindfolded. The TV was on a static channel and her nose was bleeding. She was trying to find Billy, again.

Mike, Max, Lucas and Will were sat on the couch behind her, waiting patiently for her to take her blindfold off. Nancy and Jonathan were also nearby, focused on her.

And finally after a few minutes, Alex rips her blindfold off, breathing heavily and panting. She immediately gets up and makes her way to the kitchen, filling up a glass of water.

"What's he doing now?" Max asks the girl.

"He's in his room." Alex replies then takes a sip of the water.

"And that's not normal right?" Nancy faces Max.

"Billy staying in his room on the fourth of July? No, thats not normal." Max replies.

"He wants us to find him." Will speaks.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of." Nancy crosses her arms. "If we go to Billy, then the rest of the flayed know where we are."

"It's a trap, I agree." Mike nods. "We'll be ambushed.

"We won't be surprised." Lucas says. "We'll know they're coming and we'll kick their flayed butts."

"You mean El and Alex will kick their butts." Max corrects.

"Too risky." Mike looks at Lucas.

"Yeah, and unnecessary." Nancy agrees. "Killing the flayed won't stop the Mind Flayer. We have to find where it's spreading from. We have to find it's source."

"Billy knows it." Alex speaks from the kitchen, catching everyone's attention once again. "He's been there. To the source."

"Yeah but-" Mike speaks but gets cuts off by Alex.

"We can't go to Billy, I know. But I think there's another way. A way for me to see where he's been."

Alex now takes a seat in front of the TV once again while El was turning it on.

"Alex, I know you think you have to do this but you don't." Mike kneels down beside the girl. "It's just, you've only done this before once. And Billy, his mind is-is sick, diseased. The Mind Flayer is in him."

"He can't hurt me." Alex faces him. "Not in there."

"We don't know that."