007 - E Pluribus Unum

Alex and the rest of the group rush over to the room where Ms

Alex and the rest of the group rush over to the room where Ms. Driscoll was supposed to be in and they find a small, amorphous, fleshy monster on the floor.

"Jesus!" Mike curses.

Alex examines it for a moment. "What the f-"She curses, but the monster then notices the group and starts running over to Alex since she was standing in front of them.

El was immediate to react. She raises her arm and telekinetically slams the monster on the wall.

The monster then starts rushing over to them once again but this time Alex raises her hand and slams it right on the ceiling. She then moves it on the left wall and on the right, then slams it on the ground and El roughly pushes it out of the window.

They then run out of the room, over to the exit and right where the monster landed. But instead of a monster, they see a huge pile of goo sinking into a drain, leaving some human bones out since they didn't fit in.

Disgusting.

Now in Hopper's cabin, the party plus Nancy and Jonathan were waiting for El to find some of the flayed.

Alex was ready to find them, however El insisted in doing it instead, since she was worried that Alex was still drained from the previous fight with Billy.

El was in the other room for a pretty long time though, which started to worry Alex a bit. The girl was pacing around, thinking of what possibly could have gone wrong. "It can't be good for her to be in there for this long." She speaks.

"Alex, you need to relax." Max scoffs.

"What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike thought.

"Shit!" Alex curses. "Is that a real thing?"

"No, it's not, Mike doesn't know what he's talking about." Max rolls her eyes.

"I can't find them." El then suddenly pops out of the door, catching their attention.

The group stays silent for a moment until Alex speaks up. "I can." She nods, taking the blindfold from El's hands. El then follows her in the room, just incase she needs any help.

"Alex, you're drained, please-" Mike starts walking after her, but Max stops him. "You stay right here." She commands.

"Max, she's drained." Mike repeats. "It's dangerous. She has to rest."

"You're not the one who gets to make decisions about that." Max looks at the boy. "Alex is more than capable of finding them and she is way stronger than you think she is."

"She has her limits!"

"Really?" Max rolls her eyes at the boy and then stomps over to where Jonathan, Nancy and Will were. "Okay, can you guys settle an argument for us? Who do you think should decide Alex's limits? Mike or Alex?"

"The way you're framing that is such bullshit." Mike scoffs.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your while problem." Max faces him now. "And it's also precisely the reason why she dumped your ass."

"Alex dumped you?" Nancy asks, shocked.

"Yeah, because she's conspiring against me. Shes corrupting her!" He points to Max.

"No, enlightening her." Max defends. "The fact is, she's not yours. She's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions."

"Shes risking her life for no reason." Mike argues.

"No reason?" Max stares at the boy in disbelief. "Mike, the flayed are out there doing god knows what."

"Killing, flaying..." Lucas counts.

"Transforming into monsters." Will speaks.

"And Alex isn't stupid." Nancy says. "She knows her abilities better than any of us."

"Thank you!" Max turns to Nancy.

"And she is her own person." She adds.

"Exactly."

"With her own free will."

"Exactly. Alex saved our asses like a billion times and Mike still doesn't trust her." Max explains.

"You wanna talk about trust, really? After you spied on us?" Mike crosses his arms.

"Wait, what?" Lucas pops in.

"Oh she didn't tell you this?" Mike looks at him. "Your girlfriend used her friend's powers to spy on us."

"No, no, no. It was El's idea. And why are we talking about this, seriously?" The girl tries changing the topic.

"Yeah, who cares?" Will speaks.

"I care." Lucas replies.

"Yeah, I guess girlfriends don't lie, they spy." Mike scoffs.

"We were just joking around."Max mumbles.

"Would've it be so funny if i was taking a massive shit or something?"

"But you weren't."

"Well, what if i was?"

"Then gross!"

"Seriously Mike?" Nancy shakes her head.

"I'm just trying to demonstrate how careless Max is with Alex's powers. In fact, how careless all of you are." Mike starts raising his voice. "You're treating her like some kind of machine when she's not a machine, and I don't want her to die looking for the flayed when they obviously vanished off the face of the earth. So can we please just come up with a new plan because i love her and i cannot risk loosing her!"

Max's eyes widen at what the boy just said, just like everyone else's did. They were simply shocked. Alex then slowly approaches them from behind. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Nothing." Mike shakes his head, his cheeks turning as red as possible once he saw her.

"Just a family discussion." Lucas adds.

The girl nods. Little did they know, she heard every single word Mike just said, and her heart was racing.

"I-i found him." She decides to play it off.

"Found who?" Nancy asks.

"Billy."

*Short Chapter 😭, I'm so sorry. I'll try updating a longer one tomorroww!