009 - The Monster

Alex, Mike and Dustin were on their way to Lucas' place, for Mike to shake hands with him

Alex, Mike and Dustin were on their way to Lucas' place, for Mike to shake hands with him. After that, the group had planned to look around for Eleven, who ran away the previous day.

Alex rings the doorbell, then stands in between the two boys, waiting for someone to open the door.

"What do you want?" Lucas opens the door, looking at the three.

Mike stays quiet. He looks at Lucas, then Alex, then Dustin, then Lucas again.

Dustin slaps the boy. "Apologize." He mouths.

Mike sighs.

"I drew first blood so..." He puts his hand up for Lucas to shake it.

Lucas doesn't shake his hand, but opens up the door for the three to enter his house instead. They enter the living room, Alex taking a seat on an armchair while the three boys were standing, Lucas pacing around.

"Okay, I'll shake." Lucas finally says.

"Finally." Alex scoffs.

"On one condition." He adds, causing the girl to roll her eyes. "We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate."

"Then the deals off!" Alex stands up.

"Fine!" Lucas looks at the girl.

"Fine!" She yells.

"No, no! Not fine!" Dustin yells. "Alex, seriously? Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone pass?"

The three look around confused.

"We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out, one by one." Dustin reminds them. "And it all went to shit. And we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!"

"Yeah, I agree. But this is the party. Right here in this room." Lucas points.

"El's one of us now." Mike speaks.

"Um, no, she's not. Not even close!" Lucas raises his voice again. "Never will be. Shes a liar, a traitor-" He starts counting on his fingers.

"She was just trying to keep us safe!" Alex explains. "She didn't mean to hurt us, it was an accident!"

"An accident?"

"All right, accident or not, admit it. It was pretty awesome." Dustin smiles.

"Awesome?"