005 - The Sauna Test

After the 'meeting' that the party had in Mike's basement, they biked over to Hawkins Community pool since Alex claimed that Billy may have been the new host

They were all hiding behind a few cars in the parking lot, spying on Billy who was on his high chair, wearing a long-sleeved shirt, eating some ice cubes and had a large towel cover his legs.

"I don't know, he looks pretty normal to me." Max says while looking through a pair of binoculars.

"Normal? How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" Alex scoffs.

"I mean, it is a little weird." Max admits.

"More than a little." Mike snatches the binoculars from her. "He was in a tub, with ice. The Mind flayer likes it cold. And plus everything else."

"But he's lounging at the pool, which is like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever." Max speaks in defence of her brother.

"Not necessarily. The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me." Will explains. "It's like, like you're dormant. And then when he needs you, you're activated."

"Okay, so we just wait until he gets activated." Max looks at the group.

"No." Mike shakes his head. "What if he hurts someone?"

"Or kills someone." Lucas adds.

"We can't take that chance. We need to figure out if he's the host." Mike then walks away.

"Where the hell are you going?" Alex turns to the boy.

"I have an idea. Boys only." Mike explains.

"Seriously?"

"Just trust me on this one."

-

Turns out Mike had planned to set a trap for Billy, locking him into the men's sauna room which would help find out if he is the Mind Flayer's new host. Everyone was now split up, and Alex was in the storage room. She had just found a CPR dummy, which happened to be the exact thing she was looking for. She lifts the dummy off the shelf and then starts walking away, but Mike suddenly interrupts her. "Hey, I found the breakers." He smiles.

Alex then rolls her eyes in annoyance, now facing him.

"Hey, that thing is super creepy. Let's see it." He then gently grabs the dummy from Alex's hands, placing it on his side. "I think this'll work, right buddy?" He speaks to the doll. "Right Mike." He then says in a squeaky voice, smiling at the girl who just stared at him blankly. She shakes her head and then snatches the doll from him, starting to leave.