008 - Dig Dug

"It's like i feel what the Shadow Monster's feeling

"It's like i feel what the Shadow Monster's feeling. See what he's seeing." Will explains, tears filling his eyes .

Alex and Mike were now in the Byers home, in Will's room looking at all of the drawings that Will drew, taped on the wall. They were all connected somehow.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asks, examining the drawings.

Will nods in response. "Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too."

"Here? Like, in this house?" Alex sits down next to the boy.

"In this house and... In me." The boy sobs. "It's like he's reaching into Hawkins, more and more. And the more he spreads the more connected to him i feel."

"And the more you see these now-memories." Mike adds, sitting down next to Alex.

"At first i just felt it in the back of my head." Will looks at the two, placing his hand on the back if his head. "I didn't even know it was really there."

Alex and Mike look at the boy, not really knowing what to say or how to comfort him. The shadow monster and the now-memories had ruined him completely. He was struggling and hurting most of the time, his eyes filled with tears and his voice slightly changed.

"It's like, when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that." The boy describes. "But now it's like... Now I remember. I remember all the time."

"Maybe... Maybe that's good?" Mike tries.

"Good?" Will turns to the boy.

"Just think about it. You're like a spy now." He forms a small smile. "A super spy, spying on the Shadow Monster."

"Yeah." Alex speaks. "If you know what he's seeing and feeling... Maybe thats how we can stop him. Maybe all of this is happening for a reason."

"What if he figures out we're spying on him?" Will asks, looking at his drawing of the Shadow Monster. "What if he spies back?"

"He won't." Alex assures the boy.

"How do you know?" Will cries.

"We won't let him." She puts her hand on top of his, Mike joining them and putting his hand on top of Alex's.

-

"Do you think he's gonna be okay?" Alex turns to Mike. They were laying on some sleeping bags, right next to Will's bed. She wasn't able to fall asleep since she kept thinking about her friend.