005 - The Pollywog

Alex opens her eyes to see her brother shaking her and yelling at her

Alex opens her eyes to see her brother shaking her and yelling at her. He has been trying to wake her up for the past few minutes. The girl was still in her Dana Barrett costume from yesterday and Steve was still in his suit.

"We're late!" The older bou yells exiting her room.

Alex blinks a few times and then looks over at the alarm clock on her side table to see that it was 7:56. School was starting in 4 minutes.

The girl rushes over to the bathroom and quickly brushes her teeth. She then makes her way to the closet and puts on the first denim jeans she found, a red shirt and a white zip-up. She slips on her Nike cortez that she wore yesterday and runs downstairs, tripping on the stairs. She quickly got up and then continued walking instead of running.

Steve's outfit was almost matching hers. He wore his Nike cortez with a red swoosh, just like the one's Alex had, some denim jeans in a darker shade, and a red T-Shirt, just with a beige jacket.

The two quickly hopped into Steve's car and drove off to school. They arrived around 8:07.
7 minutes late for class.

Alex bursts into Mr. Clarke's classroom and quickly takes a seat in between Mike and Will. All of her classmates were staring at her, which made her feel sort of embarrassed.

"Phineas was a railroad worker in 1848 who had a nightmarish accident." Mr. Clarke finishes and then looks at Alex. "Why are you so late?"

"Overslept, sorry." Alex forms an awkward smile on her face.

"I can see that." Mr. Clarke slightly chuckles looking at her unbrushed hair. "Don't be late again," Mr. Clarke points to the girl. "And back to the lesson." He continues. "A large iron rod was driven completely through his head. Phineas miraculously survived. He seemed fine, and physically, yes he was."

Alex looks around to see that Dustin wasn't in the class. Right then, the boy rushes into the classroom, closing the door and resting his hands on his knees to take a breath for a moment. Turns out he was late too. "I am so sorry Mr. Clarke." He breaths out. "Really, I'm so sorry, continue with the class." The boy takes a seat next to Lucas.

"We have to meet, all of us, at lunch, A.V. Club." Dustin gathers the five and whispers.

"Why?" Alex whispers.

"I have something that you won't believe." The boy says, the other four nodding.

"A.V. Club, lunch." Dustin now turns to Max.

"Dustin!" Mr. Clarke shouts.

"Yes, my lord?"

"Would you care to join the class now?"