011 - The Bathtub

The chief had taken the kids to the Byers place

The chief had taken the kids to the Byers place. They were all gathered in the living room. Alex, Mike, Dustin and Lucas sitting on the ground, Nancy, Jonathan and Ms. Byers on the couch and the Chief sitting on an armchair.

Mike was explaining what they learnt from Mr. Clarke, using the same example he gave them.
"Okay, so in this example, we're the acrobat." The boy points on the piece of paper. "Will and Barbara, and that monster, they're this flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding."

"Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there, is through a rip of time and space." Alex continues.

"A gate." Dustin simplifies.

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab." Lucas adds.

"With our compasses." Dustin says.

The older four look at the kids confused.

"Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the direction of a compass needle." Alex explains.

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asks the kids.

"Yes." Eleven speaks up.

"Near a large water tank?" Hopper asks again.

"Yes." She answers again.

"How do you know all that?" Dustin looks at Hopper.

"He's seen it." Mike realizes.

"Is there any way that you could reach Will? That you could talk to him in this-" Joyce looks at El.

"The Upside Down?" El cuts her off.

"Down. Yeah." Joyce shakes.

El nods.

"And my friend Barbara?"

The girl nods again.

"Alex can too." Mike looks at Alex.

"What?" Hopper furrows his eyebrows.

"S-she has powers too?" Nancy points to the brunette.

Alex nods. "But I can't reach him. I've tried before. I loose my focus too easily." The girl looks down.

-