012 - The Upside Down

A few hours passed, and the group of five were still sitting on the gym bleachers

A few hours passed, and the group of five were still sitting on the gym bleachers. They were told to stay there and wait for the two adults to come back, but they were getting impatient.

Mike suddenly gets up and runs out of the school.

"Where's he going?" Lucas furrows his eyebrows.

"I don't know..." Alex speaks.

A minute later the boy comes back. "They're gone."

"What?" Lucas faces Mike.

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car is gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin rests his face on his palm.

"Gross." Alex looks at the boy.

"No. No way!" Mike says.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asks.

"I don't know."

"No." El quietly speaks.

"What?" Mike looks at the girl.

"Did you see them?" Alex turns to the girl.

"Do you know where they went?" Mike asks.

"Yes."

"Where did they go?" Alex questions.

"Demogorgon." She says causing the four to look at each other with scared expressions. Did they go to look for the Demogorgon? Or did the Demogorgon find them? Alex thought.

-

"Guys. Guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around." Mike looks at Dustin and Lucas who were standing in front of him, then turns back to Alex and El, Alex laying down on the bleachers, El right next to her, curled up like a ball.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives." Lucas reminds the boy. "The bad men are still looking for us."

"Yeah and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin adds.

"El can find them." Mike says.

"Look at her!" Dustin points to the girl. "I still think we should stick to the chief's plan."

"Exactly. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe." Lucas agrees with Dustin. "That's the most important thing, remember? Besides she's okay, she's with Jonathan." Lucas says, referring to Nancy.