Push and Pull

I awoke with my hands smothered in thick blood, sitting atop the chest of one of my escorts. My vision was no longer dark, but I still felt different. Where am I?
My head whipped around the room, barely registering the bodies laid across the floor and the mattress. The two other escorts were dead, but more importantly I believe this was a motel room? A hotel of some sort.

Why did I kill them?
My phone began to ring again...
Again? Yes.
This had to be the third time someone- no, Azrail, he's tried to call me.
This third call was from Lucille.
I got up, stumbling over the body and wiping the thick blood from my mouth. I took the phone by my talons and placed it down on the bedside table.

Inside the bathroom, I ran the shower hot so that I could rid myself of the blood my clothes and skin was smothered with. On speaker, while silence was first to greet me upon taking this call, a voice I never wished to hear, gratingly called out my name.

"Subject: CHAOS."
The voice commanded my attention.
I felt my blood run cold and the sound of rushing water atop my head filtered out completely, becoming numb almost immediately. No matter how far I run, my mind is dominated by this voice; the facility never left me.

This voice, which instructed me to fight my peers to the death; The same one that forced me to kill clones of my lover over and over and over again until I seized into a coma; the voice that tortured me until I mutated since I was very young. This voice- that witch, Primrose.

My body shook violently as my emotions surged, it was so much I felt that I couldn't move. All it took was one sudden drop of my head before my legs gave out and I crumbled to the tiled floors, my eyes rolling and muscles tensing rapidly. The stress was so great that it choked me to tears, which was washed away with the falling water.

"I'm not interested in playing games with you anymore."

Even though I felt I was dying, still this voice would not leave me. That was Lucille's number, it was her phone which meant she had Lucille. If I go into a coma again, I can't save her, I have to... stay awake.

"You were a success so I want you back, but you've gotten too drunk on freedom, I don't wish for you to fight for it any longer. Come to me and I won't kill her. This is my first and last act of kindness to you."

I gasped as the tremors generally subsided but my limbs still twitched and my fingers felt numb. I can't fall asleep, I shouldn't.

"... you're a slave and a monster, Chaos, no matter how hard you try, you're as I made you to be." Then the call dropped.

As I twitched and moaned, the tears would not subside. I only managed to slump against the wall and turn the dial to cold water in order to stay awake. The effort was fruitless as I had eventually passed out with tears and cold water rushing down my face.

**AZRAIL'S POV**

The car pulled up in the driveway of the hotel.
I jumped out immediately and Juliet followed closely behind. I ran with desperation as my heart beat wildly in my chest with anxiety, the feeling was so familiar that it sickened me. The first time I felt this was the day I lost my wife- the day I also lost my newborn daughter. I may come to lose her again, and I can't bare the thought that I had been reckless enough to be the cause of her demise.

Long before I saw the room, the aroma of blood and stench of ash was pungent in the air. The room I knew had been reserved and reported to me was eerily quiet, further causing my heart to drop.

I broke down the door anyways and rushed inside, quickly searching among the bodies for Chaos. She wasn't present, but I knew she had to be the cause of this carnage. Inside the bathroom, I heard the rushing of water and noticed the door was unlocked. Hopefully she'd just ignored me, I could be content with that rather than having something happen to her.