Planner's Distress

"It's done. They're to be executed tomorrow. The sister is not taking it very well." Stephen informed me over the phone. I didn't like communicating over the phone where the number could be tracked, but this time I was using a burner.

"Fine. Do what I've told you." I rubbed my temples and leaned forward. This would be the last thing I could do for Victoria... punishing her parents, who sent her to the Alpha-BET Laboratory. I had to do this before my memory would be wiped.

"As you wish." He answered dutifully.

"You should work out your business matters with Reich. I'm sending the documents for the shares." I opened my email on my computer screen to do as much when I heard someone approaching my office from within the hall. My hearing was tuned into it instinctively.

"This will be our last contact on this matter." I said lowly as my eyes studied the door, anticipating the incoming guest.

Her scent filled my nostrils and settled my suspicions as the footsteps loomed closer.
Lucille opened the door to my office and peeked her head in.

I gestured for her to come in, and she complied quietly, closing the door behind her and pulling a chair in front of my desk to sit.

"And Lazarus? Has Father decided what to do with her yet?" Stephen voiced the matter I mentioned when we met at the mall yesterday. He'd worked impeccably fast, which I appreciated considering the limited time frame I had to deal with matters pertaining to Victoria.

Lucille snuck her feet beneath the table and rubbed my shin with her toes. I stared at her intensely as she did so, not breaking eye contact as I spoke on the phone. She was usually hesitant to interrupt me as I was working, she's gotten bolder lately, but I don't mind it.

"No. It was my idea. I will call you when it's been decided." I sat back in my chair as I informed Judith via sms on my actual phone, to send the documents to Stephen by mail. I should minimize my digital footprint as much as possible, and emails leave traces.

"Very well then. I will be going now." Stephen conceded.

"Bye."
I hung up and placed my phone down, removing my blue light glasses to digress from work.

"Chaos, it's time for us to see the doctor, remember? Are you going to tell me what the solution is?" Lucille asked cautiously.

"Yes, I remember. Let's go." I shut down my computer and picked up my phone to put it in my pocket as we both got up to leave.

"Did you go back to your pack today?" I asked.

"I visited. They don't want to see me back yet. I feel uneasy not working. You look stressed, though, maybe you're working too much?" She poked the middle of my forehead, and I tipped over slightly. I felt very exhausted, but it shouldn't be because of work, I've just been disassociating a lot.

"Are you okay? Will you have another seizure?" Lucille touched my forehead, placing her palm against it as if taking my temperature. She forgets that I'm partially dead and won't have a 'fever'.

"Maybe..." I mumbled.
'Maybe... I want to go hunting again.'

"What was that?" I? Asked.
'What... was that?'

"What was what, Chaos? Are you sure you're okay?" Lucille's brows knitted with avid concern, and she stopped walking to step in front of me with a worried expression on her face.

"No..." I squeezed my eyes shut and reopened them as if urging myself to regain my footing in reality.

"Do you want me to ask Father to take on some of your work?" Lucille suggested. She pulled my arm around her shoulders, propping me up onto my feet. I was feeling slightly disoriented, but I could still walk.