Civil War

"The meeting is later tonight. So you may have to proceed with the report instead of His Lordship," Judith informed me.
That useless man said he would make the report in my stead but remained silent during the entire meeting. Azrail probably didn't want to let his feelings show and thought silence was the best option.

I glared towards him in the seat across from me. He had his eyes closed as if he was sleeping, his leg laid over the knee and arms crossed over his chest. It's almost as if he hadn't almost burst into tears earlier, having seen me for the first time since those two weeks ago.

Silence is probably the worse option for him; he just looked stupid. Also, they decided quicker than I thought it would take to schedule a meeting. I am looking much better; I had a mass feeding with the juicers in the basement, so I'm in good condition to face the Heads of the Ducal Families. My skin was vibrant, and my physique had undergone some changes, but not much could fix my mood, arguably giving my face a dark look.

"Where are we going now?" Judith asked. I picked up one of the books Juliet had given me, one of the only thin variations, and sighed as I flipped through the pages. I was a fast reader, so being able to scan them was enough.

"Polar Moon Pack residence." That's where I was going- Not sure what Azrail was doing here. I'm sure he had a lot of work regarding the affiliated families who clamoured to claim my position as heir during my absence. It would be reasonable for him to prepare a debutante; however, there is still the question of whether I'll be inheriting the throne.

To be a Grand Duchess of Diathyst or the Empress of Siumera. 

Both are troublesome authorities, but they take my mind off things I'd rather forget. It's also the stability that Lucille would want; money and security would be hers. Maybe If I have those, my past will become insignificant to her. 

He remained completely silent during the long drive, and I let him remain that way as I scanned the novel's content. It was about the Laws of Siumera, which I figured would be a good place to start. I wouldn't plan on abiding by them, but holding others accountable would be useful. 

I finished reading half an hour before we arrived. 

I stepped out of the car into the gravel. The entrance guards didn't resist my entry this time and were familiar with my arrival. Azrail remained in the car, and I went in with Judith escorting me. 

The wind was cold, and the ground was wet with sputtering snow. It had been on and off, so the snow never stuck when the area got a bit of sunlight.

We waited at the entrance as the guards informed the Alpha and Luna of my appearance. I did contact them ahead of time. 

I pocketed my hands as we waited, catching the gaze of several onlookers. I only came to the main territory three times and lived off the reserve with Lucille. They were likely aware of their beta's vampire mate because no one reacted outwardly aggressively like that one wolf- Mika.

That's who I was here for. 

"Chaos! I'm glad you're here." The Luna greeted us first. What was her name again? Halo?

I remained silent and let her lead me to the Alpha's house. Halo was also quiet, having resigned herself to simply escorting us. Her honey-blonde hair reached the middle of her back in length. Halo wore lowrise jeans with a flare toward the hem. Her blouse was bright yellow, with a dip in the cleavage.  

Alpha Kalen stood outside the house with his arms crossed, waiting for us to get closer. His dark eyes were as strict as I remember them, but his hair was in a less formal style; I noticed he also had stubble when I got closer. He wore a black polo shirt and beige slacks; they both looked like a suburban couple.