Spirit

I didn't understand what she'd meant exactly by cleaning up. There was specks of rabbit blood on my shirt, so i changed out of that for one of Lucille's plain shirts. I debated fixing my overalls, but decided I liked how she made me feel, and wanted to hold onto that feeling as much as possible. I ran my fingers through my hair, brushed my teeth and left the room.

Once i'd made it down stairs, I followed the voices, turning a corner into a white kitchen filled with natural light through the ceiling to floor windows on the right that led to a garden. I squinted through the bright room, a headache forming behind my lids before I found Lucille sitting on a stool by the island with her back to me. I walked up behind her, sliding my arms around her waist. She tensed at first before swiveling in the chair to pat my head. I grunted in response. I wanted a kiss.

"Hey Chaos", Kai waved at me. I gave a half-assed wave back. Joanne smiled at me, sitting with a coffee in front of her and a empty plate with crumbs on it. Lucille was still eating.

"Hi..." Darren was in the room too, but I refused to acknowledge him. He was content with his nose in his newspaper and so was I.

"Can I ask more questions about being a Vampire and all?" Kai had wide, hopeful eyes trained at me.

"No." I replied, Joanne snickered but quickly hid it when Kai turned to face his humiliator. "I'm inaccurate."

"Inaccurate?" He tipped his head back to ponder the term before looking back, still confused. Lucille understood almost immediately.

"She's not like other Vampires, so she wouldn't be viable for asking vampire-related questions is what she's saying."

I rested my head on her chest, lulled by her steady heart beat. She rested one arm across my shoulders, using the other one to continue eating.

"Ooooooohhhhh", stupid brother said. "How are you different?"

"I don't die when i'm hungry, I just sleep." Lucille noticed that on our travels. "I don't burn in the sunlight, but it hurts my eyes a little bit."

Lucille gestured something from Darren, who begrudgingly handed over the object of her request. She held it in front of me: Sunglasses.

They were ugly though so I refused them, grimacing.

"Put them on, Chaos."
I listened reluctantly, putting on the sunglasses definitely helped me open my lids a little more and it eased the tension building behind my eyes.
"Better?"
I nodded almost bitterly... the Alpha's scent was on it.

"Can you taste my blood?" Kai asked suddenly. I was a bit taken back by his words, and everyone's mouth popped open by the request.

A long silence passed and I figured that would happen a lot today. There was no real harm, it's not like I was hungry.

"Ok."
I started to make my way over, spurring Lucille into action as she held me back.

"What!" I don't think she had the words for what she was trying to say.
"I was just gonna let her bite my finger", he complained and whined like a 2 year old.

I brushed her off, making my way to the other end of the island and taking Kai's hand. I bit into the side of his hand instead of his finger- more blood circulating there. He hissed in pain as his blood flooded my mouth. He tasted tangy-citrusy followed by hints of sweetness, like honey.

I pulled away, licking at the wound, which closed up almost immediately in contact with my saliva.

Everyone stared at the spot where there had once been a bite mark. I licked the blood off my lips and grabbed a napkin for the rest. After a moment of complete silence Kai turned to me, his face slightly pale, either because of the blood i'd taken (which was very little) or the spectacle I had performed with healing him so quickly.