Shouldering Her World

"Why are you here, Chaos?" Darren had clearly waited for his son to leave so he could freely act foolishly.
"Because Lucille wants me to be here."
"No, you don't care about her", he growled, anger rolled off of him there was a tinged of fear in his voice. "You don't care about anything."

Should I be more understanding? Is that what this is about? "If you're afraid-"
"I am not afraid of you!" he slammed a hand onto the table and stood up. It startled Kai and Lucille immensely. I fear for Lucille's pack, considering how foolish its Alpha is. How can one person change so much in such a short amount of time?

"You are", I said indifferently. If anything, his behavior only proved my point further.

He was fuming now, his face steadily growing red until Joanne reappeared in the doorway, taking in the tense scene. Well, the only one that looked tense was Lucille, who now stood semi-wolf between Darren and I, whilst he himself struggled to reign in his wolf. Kai was still sitting like a fool, taking in the chaos and frantically looking between his older siblings. He looked very helpless and pitiful.

Lucille's eyes were glowing green, her side burns had over grown and her jaws were lined with razor-like teeth. Even in ferocious anger, her features was like a blooming, bloodied flower. She was dark and magnificent.

Perhaps, I should let them figure this out on their own. I should've just insisted on going hunting alone... Now, at the worst time possible, I felt an impressive degree of thirst- like a chokehold. It was probably the result of having eaten human food. While I meant to explain this to Lucille, all that came out was... "I am leaving."

I felt as though I couldn't breathe, like my throat was so dry, the wall stuck together in an attempt to close. It was all I could say before standing up and doing just that. Lucille tried to reach out to me but I evaded her, walking through the door and taking off.

I was famished. I needed food.
It felt like I hadn't fed in years.

I wandered the forest and settled quietly into a tree, allowing the critters to go about their routine, unawares of my presence. If I kept a low profile, they can not sense my muderous intent. It was quite easy to adapt to this method however, in satiating my thrill for the hunt, it was immensely inadequate. I was basically a sitting crocodile, sitting with my jaw gaping wide- waiting for prey to step forward.
3 squirrels, 1 fox, 4 rabbits and one cat.

When i had some control of my thirst, I peered up into the sky and my surroundings to gather my bearings. The sounds of bustling civilization meant that the town was nearby. If i knew that landmark, it should be easy for me to make my way back to Lucille. At this point, I had an idea that she might have searching for me, so we should be able to meet each other in the middle somewhere.

I wandered a bit more, albeit absentmindedly until i came upon the clearing Lucille and I were in earlier, looking up at the moon. Secluded and terrifyingly sharp, a crescent sickle reaping the sky. I was transfixed.

How do I even deal with someone like Darren?
It isn't my responsibility to have to bare such hostility from him, surely Lucille understands this too? How could I manage someone else's emotions, when I barely make the effort to understand my own?
At some point, I had stopped and stared into the shadows between the tree trunks, becoming incoherent at the distance drew them further from my sight. From those shadows, a strange figure entered the clearing.

It wasn't Lucille. Neither was it Kai, Darren or Joanne. It was someone new, someone different.
A vampire.
She felt... off. She smelled terrible, like the Zombie Ivy Lucille had mentioned before.

Her blood red eyes were trained on me; Deathly pale, white skin that blended into her moonlit white hair. She had on a skin tight velcro suit that clung to every curve in her body.