Separated

"You should have worn something more formal", Valentine grimaced as she took in my denim skirt and striped red shirt tucked into it.
I remained silently staring out the car window, watching the trees whiz by.
"Seriously, what will my brother think of this, do you not care to present yourself properly among my coven?" Valentine continued. God- her voice was like metal scraping against concrete.
"Tehran, can you not go any faster?" Valentine whined.
"No, my love, i'm going as fast as I can", Tehran answered sweetly, glancing at the rear-view mirror every so often to look at his 'love'. Valentine huffed and sat back with her arms crossed over her chest. She stared out the window miserably on her side. I did the same.

At some point, i'd closed my eyes and dozed off. I was near the sweet emptiness of slumber when Valentine poked my arm. I could hear the sizzling- smell my burning flesh, but I didn't feel anything of the sort, just her long nail jabbing my bicep.

"Watch yourself", I warned. I cracked an eye open to find Valentine looking back at me, leaning over from her seat. When she noticed I was awake, she jerked back in fear. I closed my eyes once more but couldn't go back to sleep. She had interrupted me. I frowned at that thought, irritated with her.

"Have you always been gay?" she questioned insensitively.
"Happy or homosexual?" I muttered beneath my breath, my eyes still closed.
"Homosexual, obviously..."
"why?"
"I don't know, i just imagined my older sister to be with a handsome major count and dazzlingly qualities"
"Are you disappointed?" I responded, yawning and placing a hand over my mouth to prevent flies. Valentine remained silent, so I looked over to find her cheeks slightly tinted a shade of pink as she fumed at the window. What is her problem.
"Don't you wish to know about your father, Chaos?" Tehran asked, his eyes trained on the road ahead.
"Why are you speaking to me", I redirected.

I didn't care for my father- I had already mentioned this, why should I repeat myself?

"Our father is a notorious Vampire King in the continent! You'd better learn to respect-"

I sighed and intercepted her boring spiel.
"Are you afraid?"

She blinked but then furrowed her brows. "Of course I am, who wouldn't be."

"When I begin to feel fear, that's when you should be afraid", I responded. Fear is the mental capacity of those with humanity- it protects those who are weak. It would be interesting to know what devices this- 'Vampire King', implemented to earn such a fearsome reputation. Was he the type to betray his own kin?

I close my eyes, determined to shut all means of communication with a dreamless sleep.

"spoiled brat..." Valentine whispered. Perhaps if her attitude wasn't as rancid as her scent, I might've managed the intensity of my hatred for her a bit better. But with the windows shut and the closeness of our seating arrangements...

"Watch your tone with me", I hissed. Her scent was finally getting to me, I could feel an ache in my jaw at her proximity. She was small and annoying like a mosquito. From now on, she was moskito.

After that the rest of the ride was silent until we reached the coven.

It served almost like a hotel, but it much rather resembled a large mansion. It was a four-stories white mansion on the outside, the inside was marble and polished with gold accents.

Too bright and cleanly in my opinion. Too fabricated. I felt more comfort knowing I had studied the floor plans prior to moving in- besides, this was just the main building.

There were vampires inside waiting for my arrival, a banner held in my honor. Why they would go to such length for someone they didn't even know? i'm not quite sure myself. Sure enough, there was no name on the banner, just a "welcome". I'll bet they used this every time they got a new addition.

"Everyone! We've got a new addition to our family!" Valentine begun, more jovial than she'd been in the car.
"Please welcome, my sister!" She said, holding her arms out to present me to the crowd if people gathered in the center of the hall. I tried to place a distance between us so that I may regain some composure.

Whispers were carried throughout the crowd. All of them wore normal clothing, some slightly more pale than others, but altogether a happy coven from what I could tell; Fashionable and posh, to say the least.

"She's the eldest?" rumored the short one.
"doesn't look like much..." one male said.
"She smells like werewolf..." another giggled.
Someone entered the crowd, silencing them altogether.

"Stephen!" Valentine ran to the equally, tall pale individual called 'Stephen', wrapping her arms around him in a big hug. He swung them around, embracing each other.

"They're precious together", someone whispered.

I was impatient and just needed to go to my to room, but it seems i'll have to find it myself. Knowing the floor plans came in handy more than I had anticipated, I should've known they would incompetent to this extent.

I looked pass the crowd to the stairs and behind which led into what looked like a large dining area. I turned my head toward Tehran, grabbing the collar of his shirt to regain his attention.

"Where is my room", I demanded.
"a-a separate building in the back of the mansion, second floor, last door at the e-end of the hall", he stuttered.

I can show myself there. I begun to walk toward the crowd, which dispersed as I got close except for Valentine and Stephen, who stayed hugging each other in the center. At this point they were just chatting with each other and failing to do so discreetly. I walked passed them both toward the back, into the dining room.

"Hey-" some male vampire grabbed my arm as I passed. I immediately suppressed the urge to pull his wrist out of its socket, as there was a slight burn to his touch. Was everyone here infected with that putrid ivy?

"Silence, Rogen", Valentine warned him. She faced me, released from Stephen's embrace before continuing, "He means no harm."

I kept walking by, satisfied that he'd unhanded me, but more agitated with the lack of food i'd gotten this morning. I continued to stride down the long hall into what led into a kitchen and far in the back there was a drawing room/library. A large glass backdoor led into a garden space and pool area. I went outside into the garden.

It was brighter than I would've liked it to have been. My eyes seem to have adjusted better to light now than it had in the labs. As you can imagine, I never got to go outside very much. I was in the garden when I smelled something unusual; Sweet, like caramel.
Someone had followed me-
"Gotchu", the gremlin smirked.