Submissive Coven

I picked up the gremlin that was attached to my legs. She had short white hair and skin to match, but her eyes were pink. She reached for me with her small fingers but I held her at arms length. She smiled and squirmed in my grip and resembled a 5 year old child, however, this strength... it was not human and felt as though I were fighting a mutant bear.
Being as strong as I am, I didn't expect to find a worthy competitor in a 5 year old vampire-hybrid.

"Glänzendes Messer", the maus giggled. I put her back on the ground but she continued to follow me, grabbing my hand from time to time even after I brushed her off. I continued my path to the less flashy back home, it reminded me of the pack lodge with it's rustic/modern style. The Maus hung on one leg and stayed there.

Three story, less rich but definitely modern with windows gallore. I stepped inside and the Maus clung to my right leg harder. She was of little weight, so I didn't mind, per say, I just didn't like how close she was. She could stab me at this proximity, or demobilize me.

I kicked her off and she landed on her heiny. She didn't cry as I would've expected, instead, she stood up immediately and sped toward me. I deflect her, running up the stairs and into a blank red door at the end of the hall: My room.

White queen bed, white blinds, open windows, white carpet, white wooden panel walls. Picturesque and sickeningly bright; Hypertension ached in the back of my skull. A blinding throb disoriented my vision as my memories were trudged to the forefront. The lab- thats what this reminded me of, everything was white. The lamps, the chairs adorning the white desk and the white desktop.

Disgustingly white. But- enough room for two. Lucille and I.

It was decided that she would move to the city with me, and join and adorning pack that had close ties with her own. It was that or become a rouge. Every month there would be a visit, otherwise Lucille wouldn't see her family for the majority of her life with me.

It was upsetting to say the least, to see her so distraught upon being there in the first place. I hardly think anything of her moving with me. It was a logical decision in light of making her life easier- In fact, I think i'll let her decorate this room how she pleases, as I have no real preference other than minimal white decorum.

She'd join my side next week, finalizing her involvement and transfer with the other pack. Not only that, but i'd return to be her 'date' at the harvest moon festival. It was an anomaly to me why she's still adamant about it, considering she was leaving, but I couldn't refuse.

For now, phone calls would suffice with this thin cellular device, the model was state-of-the-art and compact enough to slide easily into my pocket, if I ever had any. Lucille made some comment about how convenient a bra would've been had I neglected to wear pockets, which I didn't understand at all. She didn't elaborate further, so I ignored the comment.

A final kiss was all I'd left her before arriving here. I'd see her again, but it was still a far distance and every moment apart felt like weight s dragging my feet. I should try to visit her tonight...

"Chaos?"
I hadn't moved very far from the door since i'd entered, so I swiveled around and opened it once more, the little rat pounced on me. Thinking it was a set up, I glanced up to find Stephen, the albino handsome boy from earlier. My half-brother, supposedly.

I didn't really appreciate this disturbance.
"What?"

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Stephen." he held his hand out as a gesture for a handshake. I wouldn't take his hand for two reasons: One, he seemed to be her twin, and would probably burn me all the same. Two, Valentine's scent was all over him. So, like I had with Tehran, I glared at his hand until he awkwardly pulled it away.

"I see you've meet Lazarus." Stephen gestured to the snow white rat that clung to my right leg. "She is also our sister, you can call her Laza though."

More siblings to deal with, I thought. As if that wretched Valentine wasn't enough.

"What do you want?" I asked with exasperation.
"I was wondering if you'd join our coven for brunch", He said with a grin. Much more charismatic than Valentine, I see.
"Is there a point?" I shook my leg, trying to fling the rodent off fruitlessly. I hated that she used her immense strength to pester me. How can I fight someone with a method of attack so annoyingly persistent as she.

"They'd like to get to know you", he continued, "you haven't exactly given the impression of approachability."

"Well, it was intentional", I huffed. Is that really all he wanted? What a waste of time and energy.

"Wow..." Stephen frowned, as if my response was unsatisfactory. He set the standards of his expectations for me, he should've been prepared to have them torn apart- he doesn't even know me.
"Don't bother me again, i'll join brunch if I must", I conceded, Lucille wanted me to get to know their coven, being as sentimental as she is. I closed the door in his face, unable to kick the rat-like creature called 'Lazarus', out.

I muttered obscenities beneath my breath, irritate with her insistent presence. At least she didn't burn- in fact, she had a soothing scent that confused and irritated me more. 

I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and left the room, Lazarus still hooked to my leg. When I reached the stairs, I was hesistant if I could fling her off me this moment. If I did, her premature skull would probably crack. Lazarus would no longer be clutching me so obsessively if she was dead.

I attempted to swing her off my leg, kicking my foot forward and backward. But the rat hadn't moved a smidgin from where she'd previously been. Instead, now she giggled obnoxiously, as though my attempts of murder were similar to that of a pirate ship ride, rowing back and forth.

Disgusting thing hadn't so much as loosened her grip since the moment she clamped on. How can she maintain her strength for so long at her age?

It was useless, even for me. So I kept the gremlin there and made my way to the other building, entering and finding the kitchen I saw earlier. It was full and busy, clanging and shifting of porcelain and the slight sizzling that reminded me of Valentine.

There were a few vampires dressed in aprons making last preparations for the brunch. Food, human food.
I rolled my eyes and decided at last that I would not in fact join their 'feast' of sorts.

I turned to leave when I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. These creatures touched far too much for my liking.

The rat hissed unexpectedly from my leg at the women who touched me. She immediately recoiled, startled to find the vicious white rat at my leg. She brought her arms to her chest, protecting her digits before peering back up at me.
"Y-You're the new Junior Duchess, right?" the young girl stuttered. Her brown eyes were light and wide, her pupils dilated. She was afraid.

"Why have you approached me", I coldly demanded.
"I was curious-"
"Curiosity isn't good enough."
"I was dared to approach you", she blurted dejectedly, balling her fists around her pink apron and dipping her head as if expecting punishment. A bitten vampire? What a weak gathering of idiots this coven had accumulated...

"Now you have." I left the kitchen to head back towards my room. I exited through the drawing room into the garden from earlier, to find Valentine and Stephen sitting by the pool on reclined lounge chairs.

I decided then and there i would not, in fact, join this coven. Just the thought provoked illness in me, besides- I liked to rule. This stem coven was governed by Stephen and Valentine under the reign of the Rose Duchess, Ruby Decade. My only suitable place in the vampire world is at the very top.