Putting on Heirs

"I heard you're from a very powerful line, much more prominent than the Ruby Coven's heirs", The Luna took a slow sip from her teacup. My face was buried in Lucille's hair. She smelled a little different: a hint of mint blending beautifully with her own unique scent.

"Chaos is just tired, Luna, she hasn't been on a hunt in awhile", Lucille spoke up, she held my hand tightly in her own.
"Well maybe it's best you stay here awhile and hunt?" the Luna suggested.
"Your wolves are untrained, i'd rather not", I answered. The Luna gave the wolf- or rather- the human looking wolf, Mika, a hard stare.

"I'm truly sorry for the unsavory impression, but I assure you not all of our wolves are like that. Mika is a special case, her family unfortunately came across a Cursed Vampire you see..." The Luna took Mika's hand and squeezed it comfortingly. The she-wolf responded with a slight grip.

"I can't stay", I continued. Valentine and Stephen made it clear I had to come back, otherwise they'd make life difficult for Lucille in her new pack. They're so petty and desperate to tame me, I'm tempted to torture them until they know their place. It's as if they can't scrounge for their own dignity without sponging off of other's reputations.

"Your coven-"
"It's not mine."
"Chaos, you shouldn't interrupt the Luna", Lucille whispered in my ear. I stared at her lips longingly, enough that she blushed. I should be... approachable to her new pack, since I was indirectly the cause of her losing her last one.

"I... apologize." I forced. "It's not my coven. I don't have one."
"Then you're a curséd", Mika spoke up, an accusatory tone coupled with a hateful glare.

"You're more rabid than I am", I shot back. The wolf growled but was effectively silenced by a swift slap to the face by her Luna, who then silently led Mika to the exit. The wolf hung her head low as she left. What a strict pack- perfect for my Lucille.

"Chaos, i'd better take care of this." Lucille dismissed herself with a soft peck on my cheek, standing up and rushing out the exit after the fallen wolf. What a tiresome job- comforting unruly subordinates, I imagine Lucille has quite the patience to deal with that nonsense. If that wolf, Mika, has any sense of true dedication, such an event shouldn't shatter a meaningful resolve.

The Luna sat across from me, a worried look etched into her features. She tried to remain calm but the facade was failing around the edges. I knew she only wanted to seem professional for first impressions, but I wasn't the type to remember first meetings. I stared at her movements in disinterest until she broke the eery silence, thinking perhaps that it had to be filled.

"So, when did you meet Lucille?" the Luna, looking a little more relaxed than before, took a sip from the slowly cooling tea.

"We met four months ago", I lied.
I'd read once that wolves had a telepathic ability. From what I could tell, she was communicating with her pack at the moment, since she seemed preoccupied with her thoughts meanwhile. The Luna smelled of mint too; It was their pack's signature I supposed.

Werewolves, and most other shapeshifters, can communicate via telepathy in close proximity and rarely in long distances. However, this can only be achieved in human form; In animal form, they must rely on body language, as animals would. It is supposedly almost as effective as telepathy if not less direct in translation. Now to speak to one another in wolf to human, involves both the human form using telepathy and the wolf using body cues.

"Lucille tells me that you're quite the fighter, where did you train?" The Luna rested her cup delicately into a tiny plate that matched the designs of its similar teapot and cups.
I decided to lie again, since I didn't want to humor some interest in the organization as what happened with Darren. "In a forest."

Lucille returned and shut the door behind her, as she approached, I noticed a little dirt smudged on her jaw. Lucille sat beside me, returning to my embrace willingly, allowing her body to melt against my own. This felt right to me, her being with me was what I wanted the most, but it was the one thing I couldn't have. If circumstances were different, if our dispositions weren't so crippling- we wouldn't need a pack or a coven to rely on, we just needed each other. Whoever designed the natural cause of supernaturals deserved to be skewered.

I clutched her shoulder possessively and silently wiped her jaw from the dirt with the sleeve of my bralette. The Luna followed up Lucille appearance with a suggestion.
"If you'd like, we can provide you and Lucille a home outside of the pack? Of course it'd have to be nearby since she's our beta, but-"
"We'd love to-! Oh, sorry..." Lucille blushed and bit her lip, but the Luna simply laughed at her outburst.
"Perhaps we should think it over a bit more." Lucille looked at me expectedly.
"You can have whatever you want", I responded, tipping her face up to mine. Lucille's eyes glimmered with something dangerous for a brief moment, before disappearing altogether.

"You see, i'd like to have Lucille in this particular area, as well as yourself, because we've had a few altercations with cursed vampires and rogues in this area. It's so close to our pack, many have been very... cautious to say the least."

"It's okay to tell Chaos, Luna, she's an incredible fighter, she can help."
I didn't actually want to help, but I already promised to give Lucille whatever she wanted, so I didn't complain.

"Very well then... There's speculation that a witch of some sort has been kidnapping and tampering with our natural disposition, making Vampires and werewolves alike, very aggressive somehow", The luna continued, her worries like seedlings in her face, growing more and more confused and distressed each minute until finally they were reaped by some epiphany. "Oh! yes, I suppose I should tell you my name, it's Luna Halo."

"Thankfully though, the number of cursed and rogues have decimated, right Luna?" Lucille gripped my hand, urging me to listen and gain some interest in the conversation.

"yes, but we must still be on the alert-" a phone rang within her pocket. "My apologies, it must be the Alpha."