Avoiding White

Today, I met Azrail's close Coven members.
My lab was situated in said coven, but I only visited the lab during the day, when everyone was asleep. No one had met me yet and I was planning to keep it that way until I settled into the idea that I was to become the successor of this division.

Azrail walked with me in all his grandeur- grandma clothes and all. You'd think the fashion choices of this vampire would change when the Victorian era ended... At least he wasn't prancing about in Jacobean menswear, that would've been a disgrace.

Azrail gestured I make the first move, as we were all gathered in the open stairway, staring each other down. They were all very powerful and mysterious, like Azrail himself.
I was determined never make the first move. I stayed silent, so one of the more cheerful ladies stepped forward to fill the silence.

"Chaos... pretty name. I'm Olivia Reich." Olivia stood up and took my hand gently into her own, shaking it. I shook it cautiously; Being so close, she could easily discombobulate me and snap my neck, being the pure bred that she was. She gave a sadistic smile and I stared at her face with disinterest. It was like a staring contest that she didn't want to win.

"I'm Damien", said the tallest, gruffest one.
He stood at approximately 6'4, bald and well built. He was a monster of a man, as though he were a wrestler in his past life. Despite his lacking in hair on top his scalp, Damien had full chin of curly hair that wrapped around his mouth and stretching to his nonexistent sideburns. I could tell he took great pains caring for it- brushed and groomed, trimmed and washed thoroughly. He reminded me of the viking back in Lucille's old pack, except this one had a darkening of the skin.

I looked up at the man and gave him a firm handshake. He stepped back with the others afterward. The rest introduced themselves but didn't bother to stand up for a shake.

"Rowan and Luke", Azrail spoke up when the introductions were finished. "Come with me, preparations must be made."

It was probably for "The Cage" Kower spoke of. I turned toward the direction of my lab and was rearing to go when I felt a slight tug on my sleeve. It was Juliet, the quiet vampire Azrail had to introduce to me himself. My maternal aunt, apparently. She had long black hair and skin that was darker than mine. With golden eyes she stared at me with longing.

"Juliet." I stared down at her. She was shorter than me, and I once thought she was a child, given her petite stature. "What is it?"

She let go of my sleeve and allowed me to continue on my way to the lab; I did so and she followed.

I stepped into the foyer of the room and changed my shoes from heels to black sneakers; tied my hair up and placed a bonnet over it; slipped my arms through long, skin tight sleeves, covering my body with a black lab coat. Inside the lab, I dressed myself in final touches with goggles and black gloves.

I felt to compensate with my trauma in blindingly white labs, my own laboratory had to be entirely black: The Void was self explanatory. Low light and dark surfaces. I could see well in the dark, so this wasn't problematic for me. Juliet walked in wearing nothing to protect herself and sat within the waiting area of the lab.

I was hard at work, almost cross-eyed with precision when Azrail came to check on me. I wouldn't allow him past the foyer, since he could easily contaminate my experiments. Not only that, but Howard's psych was fragile and isolation was well underway for recovery.

Azrail spoke from the entrance of The Void... "Chaos, it's about time we pick up your friend, he's soon to arrive at the airport."

"you can receive him alone", I responded.
"If you'll not receive him, no one will", he said finally, shutting the door behind himself.

It's a bit late in life to be teaching me life lessons, isn't it. Besides, the connotation of 'we' suggested both of us would go, what was the problem if only one went? I carefully re-placed my equipment, cleaned and sterilized before exiting the lab. Juliet came with me and I locked the door severely.

Elijah was waiting patiently at the airport for me to arrive and- as it appeared- Lucille had dressed and cared for him well enough that he was much bulkier now. His muscles were lean but toned and he had a healthy brown appearance. He looked like a 17 year old human boy on steroids.

He spotted us and picks up the handle of his small suitcase as he approached us. The bag rattled along the bumpy, uneven pickup site. Lots of girls were looking at him as he swaggered closer and closer, losing interest or nerve as they saw him approaching me. When he got close enough, that's when it hit me.

Lucille here, she was here.
Well, not here here, but... I took him into my arms and hugged him tightly, deeply smelling Lucille from his clothes, his hair, his skin. I was starving for her and i knew i looked strange. I was overcome with this raving frustration to feel her. This sudden crash of my desire for her made me shudder with rage. I let go of him slowly, only to see that i had been hurting him. My nails piercing into the skin around his neck and shoulders, his blood grounded me; Lucille was not here. I visibly frowned deeper with that shock.

"Lucille told me you would be happy with that", Elijah rubbed the spots of blood peeking through his dark skin. He then licked his fingers clear of said blood. "I didn't expect you to react the way you did though."

"Why didn't you tell me you were hurting?"
"After what you'd done to me, did you think a little prick like that would hurt?" Elijah reached for the trunk door and swung it open, hazardously tossing his bag into the back and shutting it. I went inside the black Mercedes alone; Azrail didn't join me in the end, instead he stayed behind to continue making preparations for The Cage.

"You've arrived just in time, Eli", I told him as he ducked into the car. Without a seat belt, he sunk into the chair and spread his legs widely.

"Why's that", Elijah sighed, followed by a deep yawn. The trip must have been exhausting.
"I need you to help me prepare for The Cage."

"Alright then." He tipped his head back and looked as if he were dozing off. He didn't even ask what preparation would entail. What a proper pet.