Event Planner

The drive back home was noiseless. Azrail drove in the car we attended the meeting in as Judith and Juliet arrived later in another vehicle. It was well after 3 AM by the time the meeting ended. As soon as we got home, my eyes shut themselves, and I collapsed to the floor.

"Chaos..!" Azrail reached out and caught me before I hit the floor. He held me up as the convulsions caused my body to turn and twitch.

I didn't want to do this here, not now, but I couldn't prevent it any longer. I was hurting internally, and, despite knowing the bleeding had ceased, I was still crawling through the healing process. Many muscled organs were strained and needed rest. 

I tried to push him away, but my arms were tense and wouldn't listen to me. I was also unresponsive, so I couldn't tell him to leave me alone. 

He sat on the floor with me in his lap, quietly allowing the seizure to pass. My eyes were shut, so I couldn't see what he'd been doing while I was in his lap. My jaw was wired shut, and my tongue was pressed to the roof of my mouth. My voice hummed, almost like a pained growl. As we waited for the seizure to pass, I felt a droplet fall on my cheek and roll down my jawline. 

Azrail drew me into a hug and rocked my body as more and more tears fell onto my shoulder. He really shouldn't restrain me while I'm having a seizure. He also shouldn't be openly crying in the middle of the night when the other coven members are active, sitting in the foyer.

He picked me up as if reading my thoughts, struggling slightly to keep me in his arms as my legs were awkwardly flexed straight. 

I heard the door reopen and the outside air rush over my skin. The sounds of the night, like crickets and rustling trees dancing in the wind, fill my vibrating ears. he took me to the garden. I could barely feel the cool air as my face was strained and tight, and my eyes were still shut. 

At this point, my chest had also tightened, making breathing hard and strained. I held on for as long as possible, and it released, causing me to gasp and groan for air.

Azrail sat down on a bench, which creaked under his weight, and placed me across his lap again. He started rubbing my back. I didn't feel water falling on me, so I could only assume he'd stopped. But my hearing picked up some quiet lamenting; I couldn't force them out of my head. 

The night was quiet, and we were alone in the garden- The pathetic bunch left behind. 

****

"Hey, Chaos. The Sorceress's Council called again. They want the rest of the documents you confiscated from Primrose's bunker. Can I send them?"
It was the next evening. I spent the daytime resting, having had a relapse in my health since the seizure. I spent the time in bed just reading about Siumera.

"Have you made the digital copies as I asked?"

"I still have more to make, but can't you appoint another assistant? It's too much for me to go through. Can I ask Judith?" Elijah stood by the door to my room with it ajar, leaning on the frame.

"Shut the door. Judith is helping my father organise the debutante and other matters. She's not my assistant." I flipped the page to my book. This one was about the history of Siumera. "Get on with it already- and don't ask Artemis; her duty is to look after Lucille."

"Oh, speaking of, Lord Azrail planned on appointing a personal doctor for the estate and wanted your opinion."

Huh?

I shook my hair out of its braids and scrutinised him as I did so, trying to understand where this was coming from.

"A doctor? A vampire doctor?"