The Cage

When I arrived in the dungeon, a handful of guests had returned from their changing rooms. If not for the low lighting, it would've been obvious that I looked paler or that my eyes had a slight gold glimmer in them. I used that to my advantage and even tried dissipating the black smoke at my feet. If anyone would notice, it would probably be Lucille.

My 'family' was seated in an audience chamber exclusively for the Diathyst family. The arena was a round auditorium; the circular battlefield was made of black concrete and lined with a 7-foot wall which then escalated into thin metal bars that climbed into the ceiling. There were two doors on the battlefield, north and south of the arena. Shining down on the field was a vast and round spotlight which could be adjusted according to the setting. Right now, it was low light and casting soft, blurry shadows down on the anticipating audience.

Most seats were still vacant, but people continued to file into the auditorium every two minutes. The heirs sat in three other audience chambers designated for the ducal families and esteemed guests. They were positioned north, west, south, and east of the auditorium. Diathyst was North, Henriken and Rose East, Orion in the West with his glaring sister, and finally Cecas to the South.

Jezebel's brother, Richard Henriken, sat beside Howard in his audience chamber instead of with his sister, who was fawning over Stephen Rose. Edward looked dejected and bored, but his sister Francine openly looked down at Lucille from her seat beside him. Surprisingly enough, Lucille glared back with a smug smile; she could be a little funny. It was probably why she had not noticed I was nearby or called out to me.

I joined them in the chamber overlooking the arena; the seating arrangement was made that Azrail was in the centre with one empty seat between Juliet on his right and me on his left and then Lucille to my left.

I approached my seat and plopped down in exhaustion. Then, without prior warning, Lucille grabbed my collar and jerked me toward her. I thought she was going to strike me as she had promised to. I did blatantly lie to her after all and returned without the mask. Or maybe it was because I had danced with Francine after telling her not to dance with anyone else. 

In that split second, I was stuck assuming these things as Lucille's face drew closer to mine. Then her lips smashed against my own, which sort of hurt. My teeth nicked her lip, causing them to bleed into my mouth. My heart jumped out of my chest. I wondered if I had truly feared she would strike me or if I was overjoyed that she kissed me and I could taste her.

I relaxed and held her face, threading my fingers in the back of her hair and holding her there. She tried to push me away, but I captured her hand and held it down. Her blood was addicting, I felt my head growing fuzzy and warm, and I wanted more. She can't argue or refute me if I won't let her up.

"C-Chao..." She gasped.

Chaos! Your Father is right there!
I forgot she could mind-link.

I thought kisses were off the menu tonight. Are you trying to make the Orion girl jealous?

W-well...
So she was trying to make Francine jealous. I don't mind; I get to kiss her- how can that ever be considered a bad deal?

I twisted my head and teased her wound with my tongue, making her shiver and clutch my hand behind her head.

A knock came on the chamber doors, and someone entered soon after. I didn't really care, but Lucille did and was fussing almost non-stop in my head.

Chaos! Oh my god, let go, you pervert! We've got a guest; You gotta greet them!
Chaos! Stop!

I sighed, which almost came out as a growl and complied, releasing her head. I broke away and leaned back, slumping in my chair, almost as if nothing had happened. I took to licking my lips clear of our lipgloss and her blood. The wound had healed anyways when I licked it earlier.