Mirrors of Past Love

Azrail and I were entirely silent the whole travel. In the car, in the private jet, following another car ride. He would spare small glances at me, and I, at him. But there were no words shared between us, nothing meaningful at least. He asked what i'd like to eat and if I was comfortable, but only when coaxed by his coven member to.

One of them was with us: Judith, was her name. I stared at her shamelessly and studied her movements. Whilst other's would have withered beneath my watchful gaze, Judith merely ignored my fascination. She was a weak vampire; a half-blood.

Why Azrail travelled with her was beyond my understanding.

Subject: JUDITH, presented the following characteristics...
Eat human food;
Non-existent blood lust;
Average height and muscular build;
Chocolate brown hair and amber eyes;
She had olive skin and pierced ears.
What stuck out amongst her physical features was the branded mark on the nape of her neck.

The Diathyst emblem was that of a bloodied sword, its handle strangled with thorns to of which only the closest coven members had the honor of parading. The sword itself was jagged and curvy. Like the one in my dream.

Hers had a rose poised at the end of the blade instead of blood. A defining mark.

"We're soon there", Judith spoke soothingly. I tilted my head slightly to show that I had heard her and kept my gaze outside, where the trees whizzed passed in a green blur. My unfocused gaze begun wandering into dark crevices, trudging up horrid memories. This is what was to be my psych in Lucille's absence. Perfect.

"Will you join Lord Azrail, for the upcoming Faction meeting this Friday?" Judith asked with genuine curiosity. She sat across from us at the far end of the limo and leant against the door carelessly. I looked at her as she made herself comfortable, kicking off her shoes and shrugging off her bra beneath the oversized shirt she wore. It looked very comfortable. Azrail kept his gaze out the window, as I had; a cold, indifferent expression on his face.

"Yes", I bluntly responded.
Azrail shot a glance at me, his eyes unreadable but shock was expressed in his reaction. He hadn't turned his head but his gaze then resumed perusing the barren roads and shriveled trees to what looked like fields of grain.

"Really? Do you have something you will wear?"
Why do they assume I have no clothes.
"Yes."
"I can fill you in on the must-knows of the meeting if you'd like", she offered.
"That would be greatly appreciated", I answered coldly. Being apart from Lucille made me feel numb and unaffectionate, as if I were reverting back to the old Chaos, slowly detaching myself from the new one: Lucille's 'Chaos'.

The conversation ended there and we arrived at the mansion. It was much grander and covered more land than Valentine and Stephen's estate, this one was much older as well. The exterior was white with dark vines strung about the balconies and columns. This looked to be a mansion that fully exhibited its wealth and beauty, but like all things that are abandoned, it became desolate and eaten with rot. It well-reflected my ominous palate and current situation.

I frowned and stepped out of the car when he opened it for me. He offered a hand to which I ignored and held onto the door. The sunlight was peering over the hills when we drove up the gravel driveway. The driveway itself was hardly driven on, little to no tracks or at least new ones.

"Do you have hired help here?"
"What? no no", Judith responded. "At least not yet." Azrail was silent as he went to the trunk and took my bags, against the insistence of his driver.

The mansion was well-kept on the inside, so i would suspect it had some degree of upkeeping. It was obvious this wasn't his original home, at least not the one he frequents. The gravel rode said as much, and since there were no help...