Fallen Family

My thoughts quietened as the room remained standstill, like time had paused. Like a looping void of existence.

Soon a petite she-wolf walked in. She admired my eyes for a moment, rested tea cups down delicately onto small plates, and left a pot with steam floating out of it. It smelled of Chamomile. I preferred peppermint.

She smiled bashfully and gave a slight bow of recognition to me then left. I was alone once more.
Unfortunately for me, i'd just eaten, so there was no room for a nap. For what felt like ages, the door clicked opened behind me.

I could sense Lucille's approach, so I didn't really bother to turn around. Neither did I greet what I sensed three vampires following after her. Lucille gave me a small smile before retorting to her authoritative mask, facing the guests.

An albino girl. A handsome tall man in fancy clothes. A red headed boy with a scowl.
"As you've requested, she's the vampire that's been staying with us", Darren said with a fake smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I am Count Tehran." The tall dark haired man held his hand out as a means of handshake, but I wasn't interested.
"I am Chaos", I spoke. I stared at his hand until he pulled it away. Darren kicked me underneath the table but I ignored it. "Why do you wish to speak with me".

More vampires, outside the office door. Four of them. All smelled of Zombie Ivy.
But not as disgustingly coated as the albino girl that glared at me. She was by far the most vile creature in this room.

"I am Junior Count, June, an accompanying subdordinate from Verwüstung", The red haired boy continued.
"I am Junior Duchess Valentine, Daughter of the Ducal Family Rose."
"Chaos, we're here to ask if you'd like to join Valentine and June's coven, are you willing?" Tehran asked. Was he so vain that he felt no obligation to introduce himself as well?

"My place is with Lucille."
"Yes well, this is certainly an uh... unusual relationship you've developed with Miss Lucille-"
"It's unheard of that a Vampire is mated with a Werewolf", June interjected, almost disdainfully.
"Well now you hear of it", I stated defensively.

A moment of silence.
I hated meetings.

"We've heard of your unfortunate upbringing..." Valentine spoke softly. "Do you truly wish to remain in this pack?"
"Y-"
"I don't believe Chaos is capable of making a sensible choice at the moment", Darren interrupted. "She was recently diagnosed sociopathic-"

"Alpha," Lucille hissed. I was pissed that he'd decided he had the authority to make decisions for me and interrupt me. I didn't like being interrupted. He wanted to protect Lucille, that I could understand; He continued.

"My Beta was the one that saved Chaos, as you can imagine she's grown quite attached to her, like a daughter or sister-"
"That's enough! I will not let you talk about my mate that way", Lucille pushed her chair over, grabbing me on her way out.
"Lucille, Wait-" Darren got up to follow.

Lucille was beyond sorrow now, she was outright furious, growling and eyes glowing. "I need a brother, not an Alpha." She swirled around toward the door once more.

"Werewolves can be so emotional", June muttered. I waited for Lucille to take action against the words that brought her to a sudden stop at the door. But she simply squeezed my hand in anger.

"If that's so, then you're no more than an ignorant fruit bat", I retorted. June's face went ablaze in fury, he stood up from his seat abruptly, toppling the chair over.
"Watch your mouth girl-"
"You have no power over me, vampire."
June blustered, clearly taken aback. I could blame my brusk attitude as being ignorant of aristocratic values. But truthfully, I didnt think they upheld those values anyways.

"And what, pray tell, do you have over us?" He gestured to his companions, who looked equally as confused. Or rather, amused? What was certain, is the stench of fear radiating off of June.

"You're afraid", I taunted.
I put the incomplete pieces together of the previous night's excursion. My massacre. I knew it had to be one of them, I just didn't know who.  It happened so close to the meeting date that it was obvious. They tried to test me out, but I may have been too much for them to deal with. That is probably why they brought the Junior Duchess with them, but seeing how bold June is being... he was most likely the one that sent those vampires after Lucille and me. This was the jump I was willing to take, and it landed smoothly. I was right.

June stutters, eyes widening in shock as he mulled over my accusation.

Then he got angry. Really angry. But he didn't glare at me, he glared at Lucille, who'd looked on in confused interest. Then he lunged at her, fangs bared. I took June's hair, yanking it back so abruptly that he yelped in pain. I then slammed his mouth into the edge of the table, using my foot as leverage and snapping his fangs off.

He crumpled to the ground in pain, whimpering. I'd have expected his jaw to dislocate, but I suppose being a Junior Count gave him some invincibility.

Lucille tugged on my hand urging that we leave the scene. I obeyed-
"Did you really kill all those vampires last night?" Valentine asked.

We left the question hanging upon our departure.