(Niji) No Matter What Pt. 3

I legit have nothing to say here so enjoy this yo!

"So Niji, what was your childhood actually like?" I asked him, making eye contact with the blue-haired boy. "It actually sucked. My dad... or Judge, actually never let me have one. It was non-stop training to awaken our genetic modifications." He said, taking a sip of his coffee. "Both my brother and I failed terribly at this, but since more focus was on Sanji I was able to go unnoticed for a long time." He said, letting out a deep sigh.

"You went unnoticed? Are you noticed now?" I asked, a little surprised. "I guarantee that the cactus has already told Judge about me. If not him then Ichiji probably did." He said, shoving his face into his hands. "My life is ruined because I had a single moment of compassion, damnit!" He yelled, making the people around us look this way. I grabbed his shoulder. "Vinsmoke Niji. Your life isn't ruined, there's still hope for you to live a normal life, you know, right?" I asked, unflinching. "Your brother's a pirate now, and a world famous cook." I said, smiling. "You can turn your life around and start building boats or baking bread! Just think, Niji, your life is yours now!" I said, a wide smile on my face.

That brought a smile to his face. "Yeah! I'm free! No more hurt or murder! I'm completely free to live my own life!" He said in an enthusiastic manner. I let out a happy sigh, glad Niji had finally realized what this meant.

"Now, the next part of our plan is one, buying you some new clothes so you don't look like a prince. Two, we have to find a way to get you off this crappy island." I said, giving him a mischievous smile. "Hmm... There aren't many pirate ships that come and go... No Marines stationed here either..." He said, looking down at the floor, thinking.

"I did hear there's a group of pirates on the island at this moment, but you won't like who's on the ship." I said, leaning across the table. Niji leaned in towards me so our noses were almost touching. "Who's on the ship?" He asked, looking confused. "Your third brother, Vinsmoke Sanji." I said. Niji put his hand on his forehead. "Oh... So we can't get out." He said, frowning. "I have connections with them. I sent their sniper a loaf of bread because I used to be in his fan club." I said, embarrassed about my younger self. Niji let out a hearty chuckle. "That's funny, but do you really think Sanji'll let us on the boat? I did beat him up when he was younger... less so than my brothers but still." He said, a sad look on his face. "I'm sure if you apologize he'll understand." I said, a light smile on my face.

Niji thought for a moment. "So where would we find Sanji? And after that don't we have to find the team's sniper?" He asked, playing with his blue hair. "Yup. I can almost guarantee that Sanji will be on the boat. He probably refuses to step foot on this cursed land. Usopp, the sniper, will very likely be in the shopping district." I said, smiling. "So are we gonna head for the ship?" He asked, smiling. "Yup! That's where we're heading." I said, getting up from my seat and leaving a fifty-berry bill on the counter.

Niji and I headed out to the shore, where the Straw-Hat's ship was docked, and sure enough, I saw the top of a blonde boy's head.

I ran over, Niji following behind me, and I climbed up the ladder to the ship. Sanji whipped around, then made eye contact with me. "Who are you?" He asked, curious. "You don't know me, but you know who's with me, and we desperately need a favor." I said as I heard Niji climbing up the ladder. "Who the hell is with you? Why do you need a favor?" He asked.

Just then, Niji emerged from behind the ship. "Niji?!" He yelled, staring directly at his blue brother. "Hi Sanji... long time no see, eh?" He asked, a nervous smile on his face. "No no no, get off this damn ship, I'm not doing any favors for you. The pretty lady, maybe, but definetly not for you." He said, glaring at him. "Just hear me out!" Niji yelled, visibly nervous.

"I... I want to apologize. I know I treated you terribly as a kid, but... I have the same condition as you. I was born without any genetic modification. I've been undercover for years now, and I know how it feels to witness all of the terrible things in our family. I'm so so so so sorry for how I treated you." He said, tears in his eyes. Sanji was silent. "Sanji?" He asked, even more nervous than before. "I will never forgive you, Niji. Never never never. And I will never consiter you my brother." He said, quite upset. Tears began to flow down Niji's face. "But... since you apologized, I'll fulfill your favor. What in the world do you want?" He asked, sighing.

Niji was still crying, so I decided I'd tell Sanji what we needed. "We need a ride out of here. The Vinsmokes have discovered his secret. We need to get him out of here before anything goes sideways." I said, holding onto Niji's arm.

Sanji let out a sigh, then a smile came on his face. He lit a cigarette, then chuckled. "That's it? I honestly expected more. I'll run it through the captain, although I can almost guarantee he'll say it's fine. Although, I want to make a deal with you." He said, smirking. Niji sniffled a little then spoke up. "What is it?" He asked, his face red from crying.

"I don't ever want to see you again after this." He said.

"It's a deal!" Niji yelled, smiling.