(Franky) Mechanic

I. Love. Writing. About. Mechanics. It's a weird favorite hobby of mine, but it's so much fun writing about someone who knows how every technological marvel in our world works. It's just amazing. I don't know why I haven't done it on here yet. Enjoy, Franky fans.

"Welcome to the Straw-Hats, YN!" My captain, Straw-Hat Luffy yelled as we finally struck a deal. "I'm glad to be here." I said, smiling an awkward smile like usual. "I can't believe we never picked up a mechanic earlier." My green-haired crewmate, Zoro said. "And she's a pretty lady!" The perverted Sanji yelled. "We needed one, for sure. She can help me with all my projects." The sniper, Usopp said. "Alright guys, slow down." I said, still smiling in my odd way.

I had seemed to make a good impression on everyone my first day until I overheard Nami and Robin talking about someone I hadn't heard of before. "Yo. Who's this... Franky you guys are talking about?" I asked, curious. "You haven't met Franky yet? He's the shipwright." Nami said, leaning on the table. "That's odd. He's usually enthusiastic to meet everyone." Robin said, shaking her head. "He's probably under the deck, you should go check it out." Nami said, smiling wide at me. "Ok, yeah. I can do that." I said, heading out the door and down into the lower levels of the deck.

"Hey- Uh... Is anyone down here?" I asked, trying not to disturb anyone. There was no answer. "I'm gonna check anyways!" I said, wary of who this guy thinks he is. I came to a room where I heard the sound of a drill. "Hey~ I'm coming in there!" I yelled in an enthusiastic tone.

I opened the door and there was a rather large... what resembled a man working on a boat. "Hey! I'm YN! I assume you're-" I said as I was cut off. "Hey YN! I've heard about you! It's super to finally meet you!" He said, taking off the welding mask he was wearing. "What in the world have you been doing down here? We've been on the sea for two days now." I said, smirking towards him. "Ah, just trying to repair this boat. They bashed it up pretty bad on the last island." He said, taking a look at the miniature ship. I crouched down to get a better look look it. "So what exactly is the problem?" I asked, trying to survey the boat. "Darn thing won't turn in the right way." He said, looking at it in a frustrated manner. "Lemme take a look at that thing, maybe I can figure out what's wrong." I said, grabbing onto the small boat. "Be my guest!" He said in a light manner.

After about five minutes of examining the boat I flipped it over and immediately realized what was wrong. "Hey... You've got like five screws missing from this thing." I said, pointing to the empty holes. "Oh. Right. Thanks, YN, I probably would have spent a while longer down here if you wouldn't have noticed that." He said, smiling at me. "Ah, it's no problem, but I do expect more out of our shipwright." I said, opening the door in front of me. "Maybe it was all a ploy to get to meet you." He said, smirking at me.

A light blush dusted my cheeks at the sight of his confident smirk. "Then why have you been down here for two days?" I asked, somewhat confused. "Trying to come up with the perfect way to meet our new mechanic. For someone who's probably got talent I have to make a lasting impression on." He said, getting up and laying his hand on my shoulder. I chuckled. "So I assume you got Nami and Robin to have that conversation, aye?" I asked, looking up at him. "You're right on the mark. It was super to meet you, YN. Hope our adventures in the future are great." He said, giving me an honest smile this time. "Now, I actually have to repair this thing now." He said, leaning back down to where the ship was. "I'm gonna... head out then." I said, somewhat mesmerized. "See you later, YN!" He said, waving goodbye to me.

As I stepped out of the door and closed it behind me, a wide smile went across my face along with a light pink blush. "I... I hope we can be great friends someday, Franky." I said in an ambitious tone.