(Dellinger) Are You My Friend Or Not?

I'm starting to wonder what I'm doing with my life. Here I am, on this website, mass producing One-Shots, and now I'm writing a One-Shot about this... Human? Yeah, guys enjoy my efforts please.

Everything was normal.

Everything was lovely.

Everything was calm.

As normal, lovely, and calm as living with the Donquixote family could be.

People argued at the dinner table, conversing what sounded like the military and politics for the surrounding islands. The more immature of us were throwing food. Doflamingo was somehow silently enjoying his meal.

And there I was, sitting at the end of the table right next to one of the younger in our pirate group, Dellinger. I began to eat my meal as I stared at the somewhat violent kid as he chewed on his silverware, unfazed. He noticed this, though, and turned up and looked at me. "YN? What are you looking at?" He asked me as he picked between his teeth with the steak knife that had been on the table previously. "You. Ain't it obvious?" I asked as my gaze was still locked on the kid.

He chuckled a little. "Oh YN! Aren't you glad you're over by me and not those other people! Baby Five could be throwing mashed potatoes at your face right now and no one would care!" He said, still laughing. "You're right on that mark, at least." I said, poking him a little with my fork. "And even so, aren't we friends, YN?" He asked, his expression changing from one of humor to one of curiosity.

I turned and faced the light-blonde. "I- No I didn't assume we were friends. I think this is probably the fourth actual conversation you and I have had." I said, turning my head at him. He looked rather disappointed.

He continued to sit and sulk as I finished eating my meal, and not after long I cleared my throat. "Why are you so disappointed about that, kid?" I asked, poking him with my fork again. "Because YN! We are the Donquixote family! And if we're family, then we're supposed to be friends too!" He said, angrily placing his hands on his hips. His posture then changed. "And you're one of the coolest people here..." He said, this tone a little softer this time around.

I chuckled loudly and patted his head. "Ok ok, I guess we can be friends, but we have to talk more often. Deal?" I asked him, holding out my hand. "It's a deal!" He said, shaking my hand and smiling wide.