(Ace) Help Me Out

Ah yes, I wonder what I'm even doing here. I'm walking in here blind and trying to get something down. Wish me luck.

The air was sweet and the weather warm on a bright summer morning. One that I had to work non-stop on.

When you're a pirate, there's no lack of chores or jobs to do. You're always in the hole to do something.

I let out a deep sigh and I brushed a few stray bed-hairs out of my face as I looked at the rather dirty ship deck. "You all are disgusting." I said to myself as I grabbed a mop and began to clean the floor.

I hummed lightly to myself as I violently scrubbed the floor to get the crud off, when Ace came up behind me. "Hey Ace." I said, not looking up and focusing on the crust on the ship deck. "Hey YN~ What're you doing?" He asked, his voice light. "What does it look like? Cleaning." I said, sighing a little.

I moved over to a new spot with another stain, one that appeared to be a vegetable of some sort, and Ace followed right behind me. "YN~" He asked me, peeking over my shoulder. "What's up, Portgas?" I asked him, my gaze shifting from the stain on the floor. "I dunno. We're the only two up right now." He said, a wholesome smile on his face. I let out a small chuckle. "Sometimes you act like a child, Ace." I said, continuing to clean.

Although all I was doing was cleaning, Ace continued to watch me closely. After about thirty minutes I stopped and turned around. "Ok Ace, if you've got time to stalk me, you can grab a mop and help me out." I said, poking his shoulder. He let out a small laugh. "I was actually waiting for you to say that. We're supposed to be on cleaning duty together today." He said, laughing even more than before.

I let out a deep sigh. "If you were anyone else, Ace, I'd have hit you with this mop." I said, smirking at him. "It's a mop, YN. How would it hurt me?" He asked, squatting down to get a closer look at the cleaning tool. "It has water on it, Ace." I said, hitting him with the wet mop. "Understood." He said, wiping his face off.

Ace quickly went and got a mop then proceeded to help me out. After a while, we got quite a bit cleaned up. "YN, I think we can take a break now." He said, smirking at me. "Alright. You got anything to eat? I haven't had breakfast yet." I said, sitting down against a wall. "Not for you I don't." He said, sitting down next to me and pulling out a granola bar.

I scoffed, then proceeded to take the granola bar out of his hand and take a big bite out of it. I smirked as I violently chewed the rather old tasting bar. "YN... Give me my bar back." He said, glaring a hole through my head. "It's expired anyways." I said, handing it back to him.

Ace and I sat together as he finished the rest of the expired granola bar. "So YN, you gonna keep cleaning or what?" He asked me, shoving the granola wrapper in his pocket. "Of course. Why wouldn't I? It's my job." I said, shrugging. Ace chuckled. "I've got other things to do, so I can't keep helping you out, even though I am on cleaning duty." He said, sighing a little. "Well crap." I said, sticking my tounge out. He then leaned over and kissed my cheek. "There, now you can keep going." He said, getting up.

A lovely shade of red washed over my face as he walked away from me, not realizing how much I was blushing behind him. "Thanks, Ace." I said, smiling a little.

Wow people I don't even know what that was. I hope you guys enjoyed... that.